Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Sparkle Creations Challenge 9 and Sketch Saturday 119




Hello again and welcome to a brand new Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps challenge! This week we are challenging you to use buttons and bling on your creations. 

The basics of this card came together really quickly.  Of course, I spent a little time carefully cutting out my paper piecing, but I actually spent the most time fiddling around with the flowers!  I even stopped to have lunch in the middle of deciding!  I have SO many flowers, but could I find ones that matched perfectly in both colour and style?  NO, ha ha!!  This is the best I could do (and now I have flowers littered all over my craft table and floor waiting to be cleared up, LOL!).  My button is pretty obvious, but you may have to look a bit harder for my bling - I've used 2 gem brads in the centre of the brown flowers, plus there is a row of gems along the punched border.


I have used Charlotte with a Rose stamp and have followed this week's Sketch Saturday sketch #119 (so this is also my SS DT card, albeit very late - sorry........again!), where we have a fabulous sketch  from Jeanette and are being sponsored by Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.


Sparkle Creations challenge is open to all players. Each week a random winner will be chosen, and they will receive a SCRS rubber stamp. [In order to qualify for a prize, you must use a Sparkle Creations image on your creation.]

Sparkle has started Freebie Fridays over at the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps blog where all you have to do is comment on her post by the Sunday evening and you'll be entered into the draw to win a free SCRS stamp!  So make sure you hop on back to the SCRS blog this Friday!

Do pop along to my SCRS DT sistahs' blogs to take a peek at their challenge creations:


Finally, I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. The Shabby Tea Room #26 - Tag You're It (there's a tiny tag as part of my stamped image)
2. My Time to Craft #106 - Jewelled
3. Cute Card Thursday #126 - Material Girl
4. Crafty Calendar #12 - Blue and Flowers
5. Crafty Catz challenge #48 - 3-2-1 (3 flowers, 2 patterned papers, 1 image)
6. Daring Cardmakers - Sapphires for September (if you look closely, you'll see I've used blue jewelled brads in the centres of my brown flowers)
7. Basic Grey Challenge #28 - Paper Piecing  (My DP is from the new Basic Grey 'Pyrus' 6x6 paper pad)
8. Pile it On #35 - Layers

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Your paper piecing on this is brilliant. Absolutely gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, Sem! Her pieced dress is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a gorgeous card Sem ! Love the paper piecing... Absolutely fantastic ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a super card, fabulous paper piecing and lovely jewels!
    Just perfect for our challenge at MTTC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sem
    A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card. Thanks for playing at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Sem! I so love your take on the sketch and your paper piecing! You are totally amazing GF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS, Sem!!! I love the colors you used, and your paper piecing and coloring look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness Sem this is absolutely STUNNING!! Your paper peicing looks amazing and these colors are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card, she is adorable, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! This is just adorable! I love the paper piecing and how it works so well with the background paper. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a lovely card! I love all of these patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and I love the paper piecing you did on your image! Thanks for playing with us in TSTR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful! I love your color palette and the papers you used. So perfect for fall. Love the trim and the flowers, too, and is that paper piecing ever fabulous! Love how the tag is park of the stamped image. Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a cute card and pretty papers! thanks for joining us at CCT this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card - love the colors, the paper, and the image! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sem, gorgeous card, love that gorgeous image and brilliant paper piecing.........great details.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Basic Grey.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. stunning creation - love the paper piecing

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful, the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a beautiful card ive not seen this image before, thank you for joining us over at crafty calender xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x