Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Quixotic Challenge #39 : Colour Challenge


Hi everyone! It's Wednesday afternoon and so time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Paperie.  It's my  turn to set the challenge this week, and I have chosen  a Colour Challenge - Black, White and one other colour!

I also have some wonderful news that I can now officially share with you - I have been invited to join the Paper Makeup Stamps design team!!! Woo-hoo!!  A huge THANK YOU to Katie, Tangii and the rest of the makeup girls - I am SO excited and so honoured to join such an AWESOME and FABULOUS team!

So in honour of my new DT position, I decided to use one of the corset stamps from my Paper Makeup Stamps "Oo La La" stamp set for today's QPC card!  This fab stamp set is available to purchase direct from Paper Makeup Stamps in the US, or if you're in the UK/Europe you can order it HERE from Quixotic Paperie [and I'll bet you didn't know that Quixotic Paperie is the only UK retailer for PMS stamps?].  The stamp set comprises 3 corset stamps and 7 sentiment stamps:



I've also followed the Makeup for the Weekend challenge #40 over at the PMS blog, where Danni is challenging us to make Bithday Cards.  I've stamped "Of corset your birthday!" from this great set inside the card!  In fact, Danni has made a gorgeous card using the same stamp set as me, and funnily enough she's also used B&W and one colour (pink!), so be sure to check it out at the PMS Blog and at Danni's blog!  I've also followed the fab sketch SSS71 over at The Sweet Stop!

Close up of the paper-pieced corset:


Supplies available to buy from Quixotic Paperie:

Before I go, I need to tell you the the brand new release The Greeting Farm stamps are now in stock at Quixotic Paperie.  Click on the pics to be taken directly to their product page at Quixotic Paperie:


Thanks so much for popping by!  Do hop on over to the Quixotic Paperie challenge blog and take a peek at what my teamies have made - you won't be disappointed!

Hugs,


Supplies
STAMP: PMS 'Oo La La' stamp set
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics
PAPER: Pink Paislee Bayberry Cottage 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinationas 12x12 Colorcore; SU Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS: 4mm flatback pearls, black organza ribbon, Prima flower, spacer, black brad
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, 3D foam pads, PVA glue, MS border punch, Oval nesties, Woodware corner rounder punch

15 comments:

  1. Such a striking card! It's wonderful.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG OMG Sem I LOVE LOVE this, your paper piecing looks amazing gf!!! You are just amazing gf!!! Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sem.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love this one. It is gorgeous. Just perfect for a card I need to make so I am off to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh WOW, Simonne.. this is adorable! Love the paper piecing.. it's just PERFECT!!!
    {hugs} Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, Simonne, you totally deserve it! Totally love the card, the colors are just delish and I love the stamps too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh la la - what a great card! Thanks for playing along with the Sweet Stop blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! This is just gorgeous!! What a fab job you did!! Love it! So glad to have you aboard the PMS team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Absolutely stunning Simonne! Love your paper piecing and choice of dp! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous!! I love the black and withe with that rich plummy color :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card rocks Sem!! I so love the paper piecing and the added pearls!! Gorgeous colors and design! Such a fun image and sentiment!
    Hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW this is stunning!! The rich colors against the white is so pretty and your paper piecing rocks!!! Love this card!
    Thanks so much for playing along with the sketch at the Sweet Stop!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable - love the image! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning card! I love the colour combo and the pearls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x