Saturday, 25 September 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps: GDT at Card Patterns

Not only was I truly honoured to be chosen as one of Card Patterns Super Six (with this card), but I was also picked to be a guest for challenge #83! Woo-hoo!  Thank you girls! :o)

The sketch for this week is a super one, and I didn't have any problems knowing exactly what I was going to make ... another wedding card, but this time a simple, modern CAS one:


I chose to use one of my all-time favourite Paper Makeup Stamps word art stamps to be the focal point instead of using an image - I love this sentiment for wedding or love-themed cards!

You can buy this stamp in three different formats from Paper Makeup Stamps...

~ 'The most important thing' rubber stamp (cling mounted) $4.00 ~

(If you live in the UK, you can also buy this bare rubber stamp from Quixotic Paperie)

It was a very simple card to make, but I still spent ages faffing around with exactly how many pearls to add and where, which shape of black flower to use, which spacer looked the best, and whether to go for a white, black, silver or gem brad!!  Yes, I am a ditherer, LOL!!!

Here are some more pics.....






I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. OLLCB challenge #63 - Sentiment (use a sentiment as the main feature of your design)
2. Creative Craft Challenges - Black, White + 1 colour (my 'colour' is silver - the centre of my flower)
3. Allsorts Week 71 - Plain and Simple

Thanks again to the Card Patterns girls for having me as their guest this week, and thank YOU for popping by!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

19 comments:

  1. This is stunning Sem! I just love this sentiment and the monochrome look!
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely striking - elegant, simple and sooo effective. Gorgeous!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Simple stylish and elegant.
    Very striking

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful classy card
    and such a lovely sentiment
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!! you have captured the essence of the challenge perfectly...

    Thanks for playing at Allsorts

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So simple and yet so elegant, a fantastic card. Thanks for joining in at creative craft. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is very elegant, Sem! I love that sentiment! big hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the spacer,must invest in some of these. Have a great weekend,Julie.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the card look so elegant I love it
    hugssssssss
    helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulously elegant card, thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card - I love the elegance and simplicity of it!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this black/white card Simonne! It's so clean and perfect!

    Have a great sunday!

    Leonie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an elegant black and white card Sem!! The layout and simple details add to it's elegance.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. i just love this!!! Absolutely stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so very pretty! I wonder if you've heard about Papercraft Star yet? We'd love to have you join us by entering some of your fabulous projects in our challenges! There is also time to enter the 25 dollar gift certificate drawing! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. A truely beautiful card, really elegant.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Ooh La La this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful card.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So rich and elegant - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x