Thursday, 12 August 2010

Sparkle Creations: Introducing...Suitcase Ruby


Hello everyone and welcome to Day 1 of Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps new release sneak peeks! 

Today, the DT (along with our August guest designer Jodi Collins), are showcasing the first of 3 brand new SCRS stamps that are due to be released on Saturday.  So without further ado, I am pleased to introduce ... SUITCASE RUBY! 

I must have been having a good day when I made this card, as for some unknown reason, inspiration struck and I came up with the idea to make an actual suitcase card adorned with luggage stickers (and I'm proud to say that I've never seen a card like this before, so for me, at least, it's an original idea, LOL!).  I made the luggage stickers myself by hunting on the www, re-sizing them and generally editing them to suit, and then distressing them to make them look like they've been around the world!  I'm really pleased with the result, but not too pleased with the photo, so I'll try again and update when I get a better one!

Do pop along to my SCRS DT sistahs' blogs to take a peek at their Suitcase Ruby creations:

Jodi (GDT)

Finally I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. PaperPlay Challenge #32 - Bon Voyage
2. Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge #3 - Vintage
3. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Something...Old, New, Borrowed, Blue (I have used my 'new' stamp, 'borrowed' some luggage sticker images from the www, tried to make my suitcase look 'old' and adding a few touches of 'blue')

I'll be back tomorrow with another sneak peek of another new stamp!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

22 comments:

  1. OMGosh, Sem, this is wonderful!!! What a clever girl you are!!! And your coloring is spectacular! Bravo!!!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is DARLING your coloring is FABULOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I LOVE your briefcase card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your suitcase is just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - I think the suitcase stickers are BRILLIANT and I love how you destressed them to make them looked well travel. I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Love the suitcase! Fabulous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very cute and beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW WONDERFUL. She is gorgeous must be strong and not pop over to Sparkle Creations. Those labels are absolutely brilliant and you can be very proud. You always come up with some unique ideas. Another winner Sem

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sem can I SAY AMAZING!!! I LOVE your suitcase design..... oh my gosh girl are you ever talented...This is just FABULOUS and your coloring is always TOP NOTCH!!!!! You are amazing gf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely fabulous, I love the luggage stickers, genius!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so darling, love how you did the suitcase with the stickers and of course your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute!!! Great idea, I can totally see that as a suitcase tag! I've never seen it done, so you can claim the first prize. :)Thanks for sharing!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  13. The little suitcase is so cute!! Love all the stamps on the bag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card, Simonne - love the shape, that cute stamp, and the luggage labels were a great touch - a lot of work went into it.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay again this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh WOW Sem! This is so fabulous! Very origional and so COOL! Way to go!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic colouring.. Brillliant. Thank you for joining us at PT this week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the suitcase with all the stickers!!! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love this, Sem! Love the suitcase card and all the fab travel stickers!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh.My.Word. This is AMAZING! LOOOOOVE the luggage and all the tags you created! Totally FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous Sem!! I just love your coloring of this fun image and all your details. Perfect in every way. You never cease to amaze me.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful coloring and the suitcase design slapped with travel stickers is fabulous!

    Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x