Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Sparkle Creations Challenge #4: Favourite Embellishment

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps, and today we are challenging you to use your favourite embellishment(s)!

I have used the gorgeous Charlotte with a Rose stamp for my challenge creation today, and pulled out some old Basic Grey 'Porcelain' paper to go with it.  Although paper-piecing isn't technically an embellishment, it is my most favourite technique, so I managed to squeez it in by paper-piecing Charlotte's headscarf!  My favourite embellishment of all time has to be the humble 4mm flatback pearl, and so of course I have included those (I also love Wild Orchid Craft roses!).  I'm not sure that ink is an embellishment, but I do love to 'embellish' my cards with my trusty Versamagic Dew Drop chalk ink pads.  I now have almost every colour, and even my oldest ones are still going strong, LOL!

I used one of the recent sketches from Sketch Saturday as I really wanted to make a card with a white background again, and sketch #112 works so well for this and also to use up scraps!  I'd also like to enter this into the BasicGrey Challenge #25 which is stitching (mine is faux!).

Thanks for popping by today!  Do hop on over to the SCRS blog and see what the rest of the DT have used as their 'favourite embellishment'.

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Oh this is so pretty, love the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always. Lovely papers and beautiful image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is beautiful....lush colours xx Lizzy xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I recognised that layout ;)
    I love this sketch too, one of my better ones :)
    much love, Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my Sem I LOVE LVOE LOVE these colors together...What a great mix of dps and your flowers and your paper piecing on her bandana ROCKS!!!! Beautiful sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! What fab colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this card - her pieced kerchief is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Sem! I just adore the image...she is so sweet and coloured beautifully! I love her paper pieced scarf and the Porcelain papers are so pretty and just perfect. Love all the little details and your fab stitching! Thanks so much for joining us at BG Challenges!
    Hugs,t

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Love the colors and her face just glows with your gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x