Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Quixotic Challenge #37: Old, New, Borrowed, Blue...


Hi everyone! Just a quick post to share my DT card for today's new Quixotic Paperie challengeJudy has set the challenge of 'Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue'.....so either make a wedding card or incorporate one of these elements into your card...old, new, borrowed or blue!

I have chosen to make a wedding card using this beautiful Paper Makeup sentiment stamp called 'The Most Important Thing'.  I cut it out using my Nesties, inked around it using my trusty Versamagic 'Wheat' dew drop ink pad, and then highlighted the words 'life' and 'love' with my R00 Copic pen.  I spent ages adding and taking away embellies from this card, and then decided that it looked 'right' being very simple and elegant so as not to draw the eye away from the gorgeous Memory Box paper, which is from the 'Gossamer' pad.


Supplies available to buy from Quixotic Paperie:


Thanks for dropping by today!  You may see a few more CAS cards from me this week, as I just can't seem to pull myself out of being "in the doldrums" at the moment, and I definitely think my usual mojo has taken off on holiday for a well earned rest! LOL!

Hope you're having a great day!

Hugs,


Supplies
STAMP: Paper Makeup Stamps 'The Most Imporant Thing'
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad 'Wheat'
PAPER: Memory Box 6x6 paper pad 'Gossamer'
CARD: 12x12 white card base, Coredinations 12x12 Colorcore 'French Roast'
EMBELLISHMENTS: Pink satin ribbon from stash
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, 3D foam pads, PVA glue, Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 1 dies

10 comments:

  1. this is just so stylish, gorgeous and elegant! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stylish and elegant. Absolutely gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOOOWEE Sem is this ever stunning and oh soooo elegant...You are something gf..you can make the cutest cards but yet you ace the beautiful side too....LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GF!!! Amazing you and your card teehee!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful and elegant card Sem ! Love the sentiment too... Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh wowww,What is this so wonderful card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card, beautiful in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Sem, so elegant.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sem!! Pure elegance!! So soft and pretty. Love the sponging and your choice of dp and simple elegance.
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! This card just takes my breath away!! It was so fun to read your PMS DT spotlight today, oh how I wish I had even the slightest bit of musical talent :0( You have been an awesome addition to the DT line-up this month. I hope you'll continue to be a part of the PMS family, I'm adding you to my blog watch list - can't wait to see what else you create. Toodles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x