Wednesday, 4 August 2010

Quixotic Challenge #35: Life's a Beach!

Hello again!  This week's Quixotic Challenge has been chosen by Elaine, who is challenging us to create a card with a beach or underwater theme!

Well, as soon as I read 'underwater' I immediately thought 'mermaids' (as you do, LOL!) and so pulled out my Kraftin' Kimmie Nerissa stamp - isn't she gorgeous?  I don't know why, but I'm having awful trouble with my 'E' copics at the moment.  The other day I had trouble with my E30s and now today it's my E50s - what is going on?  I may have to buy a couple of replacements ciaos just to see if it's the nibs of my current pens or the actual pigment of the ink that doesn't like my paper or perhaps each other (they are showing no signs of needing reinking - still really juicy).

Anyhoo, don't you just love the paper I've used for this card?  It's from the gorgeous and new Memory Box 'Jubilee' 6x6 paper pad available to buy from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie.  This paper is fantastic quality and just SO delicious.  As you all know, I'm not a vintage girl like my DT sistah Rowena who creates THE most wonderful creations, but the fab thing about these papers is I think they are perfect for all styles!  Yes I'm gushing, but I really do LOVE them!  Each 6x6 Memory Box paper pad comprises 30 sheets of single-sided paper (10 designs, 3 sheets per design) and at the bargain price of £4.99.  So hop on over to Quixotic Paperie RIGHT NOW and grab yourself a pad or two (or ten!) as I really don't think they'll be in stock for too much longer!

Supplies used available to buy from Quxotic Paperie:


Do pop on over to the Quixotic Challenge blog to see the wonderful beachy and underwater creations the rest of the DT have made as they are gorgeous!!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #39 - Mostly Monochromatic
2. Totally Paper Crafts Challenge #27 - Going to the Movie  It's a bit of a no-brainer, but my movie is "The Little Mermaid"!
3. Cute Card Thursday Challenge #124 - Whateva!
3. Simon Says Stamp - Sing it Baby!  "Under the sea, Under the sea, Darling it's better down where it's wetter take it from me. Up on the shore they work all day, out in the sun they slave away, while we devotin' full time to floatin' under the sea"  Do-do-do-doo-doo-do-do-do-do-do....


Thanks for popping by and see you tomorrow (hopefully!) for the YNS Birthday Blog Hop!!!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Kraftin' Kimmie Nerissa stamp
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics

PAPER: Memory Box 'Jubilee' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: SU Kraft, SU Whisper White
EMBELLISHMENTS: 4mm white flatback pearls, SU kraft ribbon
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Large Circle and Scallop Circle Nesties, MS Deco Shell border punch

9 comments:

  1. Love this card. The image is gorgeous i love your colour work. Loving the paper too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem WOWWWWEEEEE She is a CUTIE I LOVE how you highlighted her that looks FABULOUS!!! That dp is sooo pretty and I am just lovin the kraft with it!!!!! Your amazing GF!!!!!!!!!!! :) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring!! Great movie/song too :)

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem
    gorgeous card, beautiful papers lovely colouring,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing card Sem, beautiful! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Little Mermaid. Another fAb card. I will never grow up just loved 'Under the Sea' it really brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty!
    Thanks for playing along with CCT this week :D
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful card - love how you coloured her!! Thanks so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp this week
    -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x