Saturday, 7 August 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps Blog Hop!

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to the Paper Makeup Stamps new release blog hop!

If you'd like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from the wonderful Katie's blog, please CLICK HERE to return to the start of the hop at the PMS blog, and be sure to grab all those letters for your 15% discount code!  My letter for you is (rather appropriately, LOL!):


One lucky blog hop commenter will be awarded a $15 gift certificate towards PMS stamps, so be sure to comment at every stop along the hop.  The stamps will go live on the site at 8pm EST, and then at 9pm EST PMS are holding a release party at their forum!  Unfortunately I won't be able to attend, as here in the UK it will be 2am, LOL, but please do join in if you're able, as I'm sure it will be a blast!

Anyhoo, today I have a card to share with you that I have made for the Paper Makeup Stamps new release blog hop!  I've also followed Emma's fab DT sketch over at Sketch Saturday, and so this is my SS DT card too!



I've used the gorgeous new 'Moody for Kitties' stamp for my PMS blog hop card.  I love all the 'Moody for...' stamps, but this one has to be my favourite so far as it has kitties, hee hee!  You can buy the new releases directly from the Paper Makeup Stamps store (or from Quixotic Paperie if you're in the UK/Europe).  I've also used some more of the yummy and *NEW* Memory Box 6x6 paper from Quixotic Paperie - this time I've used Fernbrae (although the plain orange piece is from Basic Grey)

So now it's time to continue the hop and pop on over to Tina's blog, but I'd be ever so grateful if you left me a comment first - thanks!

I have to say that I'm glad the weekend is here, LOL!  This week has been manic for me (this is my 7th post since Sunday!) plus we've had our niece who is same age as our daughter stay for a couple of nights which was fun but meant we were out and about most days making the most of the summer hols, hee hee! And to top it all off I had a problematic root canal carried out yesterday afternoon.  Urgh!  The less said about that the better....although hubby is going to phone the dental surgery 1st thing Monday morning and get me back in.  Let's just say that the job was not carried out properly ... and when you're paying £315 the last part of the treatment shouldn't be rushed because there's another patient outside!  Leaving voids between the resin and the filling, and also wanting to fill with amalgam is just not acceptable.  Plus after the whole of the treatment was carried out, I was then told that he couldn't get right to the end of the roots! Will I ever find a decent dentist? Argh!!!

So tomorrow is going to be a chill-out day for me - no crafting, just a lazy family Sunday with not much more to do than take dd to her horse-riding lesson!  Might even get in a bit of piano practice if I'm lucky (watched a very intense masterclass from Barenboim last night on TV on Beethoven's Appassionata Piano Sonata movt 1, so I'd like to put some of what I 'learnt' into practice! ... if you're interested in listening to Barenboim play this, click here to go to a video at You Tube - amazing!).  I need to get a bit more balance into my life, as I seem to be neglecting the piano lately.....

Have a wonderful weekend!  Enjoy the hop and the new release!  I'm off to chill, LOL!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Paper Makeup Stamps 'Moody for Kitties'
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
COLOURING MEDIUM: Copics
PAPER: Memory Box 'Fernbrae' 6x6 paper pad, Basic Grey Marrakech (orange DP)
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast'
EMBELLISHMENT: Versamagic Dew Drop 'Jumbo Java', Brown organza ribbon, Prima E Line Brown flowers (#301071), Wild Orchid Craft roses

27 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is incredibly beautiful! Thanks again for sharing your talent with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *gasp* Wow, your coloring on this moody is just amazingly gorgeous! LOVE IT! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super sweet! Love her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Absolutely stunning Simone! Your colouring is incredible! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the coloring and the paper is sooooo pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, I {heart} your card! I love how softly you colored this moody girl. Beautiful choice of papers and flower accents too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a gorgeous card Simone ! I love the papers - the colours are fab - and the image is delightful ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH WOWZA Sem you totally rocked this image sweetie, this is GORGEOUS!!!!! I LOVE your color combo and your coloring on this cutie makes her soooo come to life!!!!! Another amazing creation :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a pretty card - fabulous sketch! LOVE the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!! Your coloring is phenom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute Stamp, love the flowers.

    Hugs, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Moody girls and this one is no exception! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous! Glad to have you with us this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how pretty! I love your coloring and the color combo you used.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous card! Beautiful colouring!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. your coloring is GORGEOUS - fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your coloring of the image and what awesome dps you combined with her.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sem
    Thanks for visiting,
    love the neautiful card and your colouring is fantastic best get some tips asap. Will try to do a blog hop but got so much catching up to do.
    hugs Debbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is just absolutely stunning!!!! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card...LOVE the colors and you did an amazing job of coloring!! Thanks for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Sem.
    I love this image, and awesome colouring!
    I watched the performance on youtube, totally brilliant! Thanks for sharing that too.
    Hope your dental problems get sorted soon. I have to say we have a fab dentist. She's got NO bedside manner at all but is a top class dentist. Hope you manage to find a good one, after all, you pay enough for the treatment the least you expect is GOOD treatment.
    Take care
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a gorgeous card Sem!! Love your coloring and the layout is so fun!! Great choice of dp!! Another gorgeous creation by you!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is amazing I love the rich warm colors and the new image is fantastic! Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x