Tuesday, 3 August 2010

Paper Makeup Stamps - August Guest Designer

Hello again everyone!  No, you haven't just stepped into the twilight zone - this is my second post of the day, LOL!  (this is possibly a first for me, hee hee!)

I am so excited to announce that I am guest designing for Paper Makeup Stamps this month!!  WOO-HOO! Huge thanks to Katie and the rest of team for having me! *waves*

For those of you who don't know, Paper Makeup Stamps have a gorgeous new release this month, and for the next few days the DT are showing sneak peeks of these fabulous new stamps!  Today we are showcasing 4 brand new Beautiful Day Fairies, and I get to show you 'Leigh' - isn't she gorgeous?  If you hop on over to the PMS blog, you will find some more sneak peeks of Leigh and the other new Fairies by the rest of the DT.

For my card, I followed this week's sketch at The Sweet Stop,  but moved the main image panel to the right a wee bit so I could fit in the letter stickers!  All DP and the letter stickers are from my Echo Park 'Life is Good' Collection Kit (available HERE from Quixotic Paperie).  I also had a go at using my Viva Decor Glitter Pen in bronze to create the small, brown pearls.  For some strange reason the colouring of her hair didn't turn out well today.  I used my usual E31 E33 E35 and E37 to colour, but when I laid the different shades on top of one another, they mixed really weirdly and stayed on top of the paper without soaking in.  Does anyone else have problems with these shades?  Perhaps it's my paper, or perhaps the nibs are a bit clogged and need replacing?  Anyhoo, her hair is not supposed to be a weird orangey colour on top, LOL!

The actual release of the gorgeous new PMS stamps is on Augst 7th at 8pm EST, so mark your calendars as you won't want to miss this one!

Thanks, as ever, for popping by!  I shall be back tomorrow with my YNS challenge card and my Quixotic Paperie challenge card ... that is if I get them finished - eek!  I need 48 hour days at the moment, LOL!

Hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on your PMS GDT spot Simone! Beautiful card! LOVE your design and how you've coloured Leigh! Can't wait to see more of your PMS creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunner!
    Sem, your colouring just blows me away!! *claps*

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love your card and i am THRILLED to have you joining us this month!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to have you as our Guest Designer this month, Simone! Your work is fabulous, and I love your Leigh fairy! Her hair looks beautiful, as is your coloring of her. Can't wait to see what else you do with our wonderful Paper Makeup Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOO WEEE Sem this is CUTE!!!!! What a great image and LOVE your design with those papers girl!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO girly congrats on your guest spot sweetie!!! Your AWESOME GF!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Sem. Love the image & so beautifully coloured!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello one beautiful card, the subject is wonderful and the design is perfect.
    Hugs * Karla *

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is fabulous! Congrats on being on the design team this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Leigh!! SOOOO cute! Gorgeous card. Congrats on the GDT spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card!! Love it! Congrats on the GDT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on your GD post! This is such a sweet card, fab stamp and funky papers! Thanks for joining in with the Sweet Stop challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your guest spot!!! That is awesome, girl:) Your card is gorgeous, and yes, I've had that same problem with some of my Copics~especially my E25 and E27. So frustrating! Her skirt looks AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this card - your coloring is fantastic, and the colors are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card - great coloring! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous creation...I guess I won't hold that *nasty* e-mail I received earlier against you after all LMBO. Thrilled to have you on board at PMS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really fabulous. I love the papers and layout. Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW! Your coloring is AMAZING! She is GORGEOUS! smiles....

    ReplyDelete
  18. How Cute is this sweet little girl, thanks for playing at the Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an amazing card! I especially love how you shaded the folds of her skirt and the papers you chose for the background. So happy to have you designing with PMS this month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! I totally know what you mean - I always have trouble with my E37! It looks kind of gooey and looks permanently wet and weird on top of my other colors. I've also thought about buying another to see if it's just my pen. I've refilled it a couple times, but it still comes out a little mucky... maybe it's my refill?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being the guest designer this month! I love what you did with this darling new fairy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable card!! Love what you did with the Sweet stop sketch!! Such pretty colors and your coloring is always fabulous!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us!
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, this is amazing! Your coloring is outstanding. Thanks so much for joining us this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x