Monday, 19 July 2010

Whimsy Stamps NEW Rubber Release BLOG HOP!


Hello and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps new release BLOG HOP!

The DT have some fabulous new Whimsy stamps to show you today!  We have a gorgeous new Whimsy Carousel Horses stamp set entitled Moonlit Ride plus 2 wonderful image stamps entitled Jelly Bean and Maya and Marissa  from the pen of the amazing Crissy Armstrong.  In addition to these, we also have some SUPER DUPER sentiment stamp sets from our very own and wonderful Ann Vento of Raindrop Echo Designs : Birthday Letter Seals, Handmade Letter Seals, and Fancy Friendship Tags

These new stamps are available to buy from today in the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites!  And if you're in the UK, you can buy the new releases at Quixotic Paperie!

If you would like to participate in the hop and you didn't arrive here from the amazing and oh-so-sweet Crystal's blog, then click here to return to the start of the blog hop at the wonderful Chris's blog, as you don't want to miss these fab new releases!

The hop starts today (Monday 19th July at noon EST) and ends on Monday 26th July at noon EST.  [Both these dates are rather special to me as the hop starts on my little sister's birthday and ends on our darling daughter's birthday! Hee hee!]

As always, here at Whimsy, we have a fab prize for you to win! One lucky winner will be randomly drawn to receive the ENTIRE rubber release!!  Yes, that's right - all 6 stamp sets!  Can I hear a "WOW"? LOL! So make sure you hop through the entire hop and leave a comment on EVERY blog post along the way to be in with a chance to win!


I've already previewed the Maya and Marissa stamp on Saturday for my Sketch Saturday DT card (CLICK HERE to see this), so I chose to use Moonlit Ride for my creation today.  This stamp set includes the pony stamp, 3 sentiment stamps and 1 accessory stamp.  I chose this fabulous DCWV paper (which has glittery accents) and so wanted to colour my horse with a midnight blue body and a golden mane and tail.  I was a bit stuck as to how to achieve a good golden colour with depth and highlights, but my wonderful Whimsy DT sister and all-round AMAZING Copic artist, Annika, came to my rescue (have you seen what she does with Copics - WOW!!!!).  She suggested some 'golden' Copic colours to me, but as I didn't have them all, I ended up using YR23, Y17 and Y21.  But what was I to use for the deep shadowing?  Annika told me she used E99 and E39 for the shadowing, so as I didn't have these, I went for the next best thing and used E37, blending it out with YR23.  I would never have thought to use a deep brown to shade!  THANK YOU so much Annika!!!  You're a STAR!

Speaking of the lady herself, it's time for you to hop on over to the fabulous and super-talented Annika's blog as she's the next stop on the hop ... but of course I'd be ever so grateful if you left a comment first!! *wink*

Ooh, and I also want to remind you that there's still plenty of time to enter our Whimsy July Challenge - full details can be found over on our Whimsy Inspirations Blog.

Thanks so much for hopping along with us today!  I hope you enjoy our new releases!

Hugs,



Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Stamps 'Moonlit Ride'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER:
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore
EMBELLISHMENTS:
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads,

89 comments:

  1. OMG this is exquisite, the blue horse is so majestic and rich with the gold mane, beautiful colouring and papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant beleive how different each one is! I so love your color combo and your coloring is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sem,i love the image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Simonne! Fabulous paper and colouring.
    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card Simonne,your colouring is just gorgeous,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's such a magical card with the blue
    it's so perfect
    great job
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  7. Utterly exquisite card Simonne, your colouring is just amazing sweetie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My Word sweet Sem this is STUNNING!!! wow the colours look amazing together... And all the fabulous sprakle too So inspiring, fabby hop!!!
    HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Noce card! Like the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word Sem this is TOTALLY GORGEOUS, I LOVE the added sparkle and your color combo rocks sweetie!!!!! I LOVE how you used this image!!!! You always amaze me with your creations gf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love your colouring, especially of the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Love your colouring, especially of the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The card is just beautiful, I love the colours.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. This image is so nice colured. You are so talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous! Such striking colors, love the sparkle

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally love the paper you chose and the glitter borders! BEAUTIFUL colouring, I think YR23 gives such a rich and deep hue to the gold. It's one of my most frequently used Copics!!!
    Thank you so much for all your compliments, they mean even more coming from such a talented artist as yourself. Your colouring rocks!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning cards, love the unusual way you have coloured the image.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This stamp and your colours are very nice.
    I like this card.
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow this is gorjuss. totally loving this and the colours are amazing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely gorgeous Sem!! I so love your choice of colors and design!! So fun!! Your coloring rocks (as always). You are always such an inspiration!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous colour combination. Superb card as usual

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful job Simmone! Love the sparkles and fabulous colors, you did a wonderful job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another stunning card xx
    The colours work fabulosly xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous colours and fantastic colouring i`m so jealous.Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous! I love Moonlit in blue and the golden accents are awesome! He's so wild and your coloring really shows this off! Love the paper and the glittery touches too. Awesome job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow!! Sem this is so beautiful, I love how I am drawn to the image straight away and I love the glitter :) It's all so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  27. O my word! Your card is just gorgeous. You are such a talented group of ladies. Thanks for the hop. Lotsa luv xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yet another coloring scheme for this very same horse! I can't believe how the same image can look so different... Thanks for this great hop!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Another stunning creation, totally brought this goregous stamp to life. The colours you've chosen and wonderful colouring are certainly very inspirational.Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your gold colouring is amazing! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  31. J'adore le cheval ainsi que les papiers qui vont si bien avec le thème!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Stunning card, beautiful colors and the paper is lovely too!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  33. Really striking in its simplicity. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Fantastic coloring on the horse Simone, esp the tail and mane. Great papers too, and punched border.
    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beautiful colours & papers. Fantastic colouring x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such awesome colouring Sem, as always. You amaze me with the shading!
    I love the new sentiment sets, I've got them in my basket at Elaines, just waiting for pay day them I can check them out!
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful card! I love the blue and gold.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Sem, love your coloring on the carousel, love the DP, great card. thanks for the chance to win this amazing stamps.
    Hugs, Irene

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello, Your card is fantastic! I love the paper for the background and the coloring on the horse is beautiful!Great job!
    Cheryl Remer

    ReplyDelete
  40. So pretty! I love your coloring! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wow! Gorgeous! Love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  42. WOW AWESOME... Card looks fantastic.. The colors are just outstanding.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Beautiful card. I can see this is one of the DT favorites stamps...lol...well mine too. ;)

    Rosalien

    ReplyDelete
  44. Beautiful card, love the colouring.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  45. All these stunning cards I started thinking you were all using different stamps, so many different looks just by using different colours, fab inspiration and another fasb card.

    ReplyDelete
  46. All these stunning cards I started thinking you were all using different stamps, so many different looks just by using different colours, fab inspiration and another fasb card.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I think there is only one word a can use WOW.
    x laura x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Awesome work. you are very talented. Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  49. What a lovely card!! Love the blue and yellow!! The paper you used in the background is very original, love it! The horsie is very pretty colored!!!

    Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love this card. The horse is really magical!

    ReplyDelete
  51. So rich and elegant, what amazing colours. Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Lovely! so beautiful! Love the coloring :D

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a beautiful card!! and this colours !!! orange base is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow! talk about bold & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Love all of the sparkle around the outside of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi Sem your card looks beautiful i love this image well done
    hugs from shirley r

    ReplyDelete
  57. Where do I begin? The background paper is to die for...perfect with the colors chosen for the carousel horse. I love your color choices immensely as well as the accents of lace and tiny rhinestones.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your card is lovely, I really like the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  59. WOW! Another amazing horse. Adore your colouring work. He's devine!
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  60. Beautiful card and I love your coloration!! bibi :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. The color scheme is so majestic and striking! Awesome coloring! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  62. beautiful..love the nice rich colours

    ReplyDelete
  63. What a Gorguss card !!!
    hugs Nikki C

    ReplyDelete
  64. Your colors are gorgeous! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Stunning card the colours are amazing.
    Jayne W

    ReplyDelete
  66. Your Moonlight Ride coloring is wonderful but I also love the way you used the birthday seals on your mini cards. thanks for the chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful card, stunning colouring. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  68. beautiful card loving those papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  69. Love the blue/gold combo. That looks amazing. The paper's so pretty! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  70. bautiful card!!!! congratulations and thanks for sharing. hugs Adriana

    ReplyDelete
  71. what a beautiful, even perfect composition. you're an artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. This is amzing....the colors are so vibrant and so perfect. Awesome card.

    Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  73. LOVE this card. The background paper and the horse's colors are stunning. Not to mention the sparkle!
    R/

    ReplyDelete
  74. I love the background paper. One of my favorites from DCWV. Great colors.

    - Gitana, the Creative Diva

    ReplyDelete
  75. Wow, fantastic card and awesome colourwork. Love the papers and choice of colours.

    Hugs Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hello! thanks for the opportunity to play and participate!
    How beautiful and delicate combination of colors you used on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Absolutely stunning card and such a great prize.

    Hugs
    Paola

    ReplyDelete
  78. i absolutely adore the color combination. your card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x