Tuesday, 20 July 2010

Sparkle Creations Challenge #2: Sketch by Mary


Hello everyone and welcome to Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge #2!  This week we have a wonderful sketch by Mary for you to follow.

As soon as I saw this sketch I just knew I had to use my Turntable Josh stamp and make those circles into a vinyl record!!  I used a mathematical compass to draw the large black circle as my nesties weren't big enough!  I then positioned some circle nesties on top of the cut-out black circle and drew around them using my embossing tool to create the grooves of the record! (You may have to click on the pic to enlarge to see this better!).  Once I'd finished I thought it looked a wee bit plain, so I did some doodling - adding a musical stave across the yellow piece of paper, some wiggly lines to 'frame' the card, and finally some hand-drawn musical notes (using black dew drops and flatback pearls for the note-heads).  The only thing I don't like about this card is the white border around the image, but as I wanted to include the music drifting out of the record player, it had to stay!

I also have a new watermark, custom made for me by Ann Vento!  You can purchase your custom watermarks and signatures HERE!

Before I go, I just want to remind you of the Sparkle Creations Rubber Stamps Challenge Info.....

- Challenges will go live on the SCRS blog every Monday @ 9 PM PST (Tuesday @ 5am UK time) and the deadline for entering will be the following Sunday @ 9 PM PST.

- The prize each week will be 1 stamp to a randomly picked winner!  In order to qualify for the prize, you must use a SCRS image, which you can buy from HERE.

Thanks for popping by!  See you tomorrow for my YNS and Quixotic Paperie Challenge DT cards ... although they may be a little late as my 1 hour appointment at the dental hospital yesterday turned into a whole-day debacle!!  So I'm playing catch-up somewhat!!

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great take on the sketch! love the record in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous, Sem! LOVE the record and all the musical notes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant card! I love how you tied in all the music elements. Fabulous interpretation of the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EEEEK Sem WOW what a creative idea to make a record...IT IS FABULOUS!!!! I totally love it!!! You rocked this sketch girly!!! What fun fun papers and those music notes and stitching are PERFECT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is fantastic Sem...luv everything about it xx Lizzy xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is astounding and how you incorporated with this sketch is the best! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. AMAZING! I love your idea for the record and your great colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowww Sem,what a amazing card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just the cutest! I love your record!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another amazing card Semsee. Love those musical notes and the record.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Kool card.....I luv the colors and the record in the background is very clever. OMG your listening to GLEE (I love Glee, Its my dream to be on thaat show, shhhh a lil secret)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is fabulous Sem, love it.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THIS!!!! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x