Saturday, 17 July 2010

Sketch Saturday #112 & Whimsy Stamps New Release Sneak Peek!

Click on the pic to enlarge (opens in a new window)

Hey everyone!

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another fab sketch by the wonderful, talented, all-round sketch-tastic Jo, and this week we are being sponsored by Bunny Zoe Crafts!


Whimsy Stamps is gearing up for a brand new rubber release on Monday 19th July, and this stamp is a sneak peek of one of the fabulous new stamps that will available to buy then!  This particular image was drawn by the wonderful Crissy Armstrong and is called "Maya and Marissa".  You can see this stamp again over at Crystal's blog and Debbie's blog where they have showcased it so wonderfully!  We're having a fantastic blog hop on Monday to celebrate the new release, and I will have another card to show you using a different stamp.  So be sure to pop back then as the grand prize is something you won't want to miss! *wink*

As you can see, I tried a completely different style for this card, and I have to say that I love it!  I was really scared to use the white card blank as a background, and shock-horror ... I didn't use any Core'dinations card!!  Hee hee!! 

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Creative Card Crew - To Die for challenge (I have used my Large Circle nestie die)
2. My Time to Craft Challenge #99 - Butterfly Bliss
3. Papertake Weekly - In the Garden
4. ABC Challenge - Y is for You and Me
5. Allsorts Challenge #61 - Summer Days  Whimsy Stamps is sponsoring this challenge with a £15 gift certificate!!
6. Totally Gorjuss Challenge #39 - Thinking of You
7. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #92 - Summer Holidays

Have a fab weekend folks, whatever you're doing! 

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Stamps "Maya and Marissa" (available from 19th July)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Gingerbread'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Urban Prairie' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Craftwork Cards
EMBELLIES: WildOrchidCrafts flowers, flatback pearls,
TOOLS: SU Paper Piercer, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Large circle nestabilities

22 comments:

  1. hi Sem,
    what a gorgeous card is this.
    and what a beautiful dress have the girl on the right
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came from Crystal's blog to see what you had done with the fab image and your card is just gorgeous!

    Leanne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful card Sem,i love the images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWWW Sem this looks AWESOME girl...I LOVE LOVE how you paper pieced her dress how adorable...these colors and your coloring is WOWZA!!!!! LOVE what you did with this new image!!!! your amazing sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just breathtaking, your colouring is amazing! OMG this is gorgeous, I love the paper piecing! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a good idea to paper piece the dress!!! Your colouring is out of this world!!!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!!! This is just stunning!! I love the way you have coloured the girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the way you have paper pieced the dress.Gorgeous colours as always and beautiful backing papers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. totally gorgeous card thanks for joining us at MTTC hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Beautiful card Sem! I love the paper pieced dress!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally stunning - love the paper pieced dress.
    Thanks for taking on my challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card! I just love that image and the paper pieced dress is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing job you have done coloring this image. It's a beautiful image and you have just brought it to life. Beautiful DP and embellies too. So happy you could have some fun with us at Creative Card Crew this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, I love the dress being in the same paper as the BP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card Sem.
    Your colouring is fabulous, and I adore the paper piecing on the little girls dress. Great papers and pretty embellies.
    Hope you're having a good weekend.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous gorgeous card Sem! Paper piecing the dress is a beautiful touch, but your amazing coloring is what really makes this a stand-out card!

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh this is stunning Sem!! I so love your coloring and your paper piecing! Gorgeous!! you rock!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Sem, this card is beautiful! Everything just goes so well together, and I love that motiv, you have coloured it perfectly!

    Thanks for playing along this week at Totally Gorjuss, good luck in the challenges :O)

    Hugs Nina x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sem you card is amazing, I totally love how you used the DP for the dress, awsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. fab card, I love their lovely summer dresses....reminds me of the dresses my daughter refuses to wear now lol

    thanks for joining in the Allsorts fun this week :o)

    lotsalove

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so beautiful, I love it. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week. Suzie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x