Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Quixotic Challenges : Miniature!


Happy Wednesday everyone!  This week's Quixotic Challenge has been chosen by Kim C who is challenging us to make Miniature cards - small cards or notecards no bigger then 3 inches.

This was quite a challenge, as my usual cards are a lot bigger .. just shy of 6 inch square!!  However, after pondering for a moment, I suddenly had an "a-ha" moment and knew the PERFECT stamps to use ... the brand new Whimsy Stamps Birthday Letter Seals (available HERE from Whimsy Stamps, or if you're in the UK/Europe you can buy them from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie HERE).


As you can see, this fabulous stamp set comprises 3 circular stamps and 6 sentiment stamps. I chose to use the 'birthday wishes' circular stamp and stamped this using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  I then used my Woodware Stamp Positioner to add the "time to celebrate" sentiment in the middle.  As this card was so small, I was able to use up some of my scraps from my Cosmo Cricket DeLovely 6x6 paper pad.


Supplies used available to buy from Quxotic Paperie:



Do pop on over to the Quixotic Challenge blog and have a look at the gorgeous miniatures the rest of the DT have made!

Thanks for popping by and have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. This is such a fun mini card! Great colours! I hope your appointment went well yesterday.
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem this is soooooo beautiful, I LOVE how you used this GORGEOUS set!!!! Amazing color choice gf!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! You rock lady!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Sem.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous! Great colours and I have this set too! Might just have to stamp up some more mini's !! I love how quick they are!

    hugs Judy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning Sem! I adore the mini cards, so cute.
    I've also got this stamp set, it somehow just 'Fell' into my basket!
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE this card. It is so bright and vibrant.
    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  7. This mini speaks volumes to me! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is perfect!! I so love those stamps for the mini cards and your colors and design are perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x