Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Quixotic Challenges : Harvest Jade


Hello again!  It's Wednesday afternoon again and so time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Challenges!  This week it's my turn to set the challenge and I have chosen this photo to use as inspiration!  There's lots in this to inspire you ... textures, colours, shapes, patterns, materials ... etc.


For my card I have pulled the colours of yellow and turquoise, plus used black as my accent.  I also used the leaves as inspiration, and this Basic Grey 'Harvest' paper from the Urban Prairie range was a perfect fit!

I used 'Jade' from TGF Roll Call stamp kit (available HERE) and followed Mary's fabby Farm Fresh Friday sketch over at The Greeting Farm's blog.  This card took a while to figure out, but it was pretty simple in the end : some Basic Grey paper, Core'dinations Colorcore cardstock, Nestabilities, Ribbon and some 4mm black flatback pearls (available HERE) and it was done!

Elaine has very recently started to stock a fabulous range of products from Viva Decor, including Pearl Pens over at Quixotic Paperie!  Although I haven't used one on this card, they make a wonderful alternative to flatback pearls ... not least in that they are a LOT less fiddly to attach and you can make them the exact size you want!   Viva Decor pearl pens come in a fantastic range of gorgeous colours.  So make sure you hop on over to Quixotic Paperie and grab yourself one (or many!) before they sell out! And while you're there, why not add a Glitter Liner and a Gloss Gel pen to your basket too!




Do hop on over to the Quixotic Challenge blog and take a gander at what the other fabby DT girls have come up with!
 
Thanks for popping by - have a fab day!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. What a great take on the inspiration piece, her hair is SO cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOO Sem I LOVE LOVE this paper and your layout is AWESOME!!! Gorgeous use of these colors.....Your take on the inspiration is ROCKIN GF!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous colours and backing paper. Love her hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Simonne! Love your coloring, her hair looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sem!! I just love your take on the inspiration!! Her hair is so fun!! Great colors and coloring (what else is new...LOL!) Gorgeous as always!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh wowww Sem,So gorgeous card,i love the image and the colours.
    So a amazing papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem, how are you? This card is fabulous! I love the color combination and the way you colored the image is wonderful! Love the hair!

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. An fab card, love the way you've coloured her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous! I just love her hair, so fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Sem. Clean, simple and oh so stunning. Great papers, and fab image. My 15 year old son looks like that! (I mean he has black hair with bright blue-green at the front not that he wears a dress!)
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fabulous card! I love her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! Love the hair!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. How adorable love the colours and her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely stunning colouring ... again. Love the colours and crisp design and boy, you picked a fab photo!!
    HUgs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this card is so cool I love Jades hair! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I am lovin the cool blue tips on her hair!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x