Monday, 14 June 2010

Sketch Saturday #107: Butterfly Fly Away...


Happy Monday everyone!

So sorry I'm a couple of dats late posting my Sketch Saturday card - all I will say is "grrrrrr" to our Sky internet, LOL!!  This week we have another fab sketch by our wonderful leader Jo, and we are being sponsored by Simon Says Stamp!


This card completely evolved from my paper choice.  I was rifling through my stash, looking for a piece with at least 4 different colours and came across one of my fave BG pads - Ambrosia.  Once I'd made the basic card, I felt it had a kind of 'gothic' feel, and so I chose to use one of my Sugar Nellie Gorjuss girls stamps (I only have 2, LOL!).  I paper pieced her dress using a little scrap of paper from the same pad and had a go at colouring her hair black using strokes rather than 'blending' in circles.  I'm really pleased at how it came out!  I distressed all the edges of the DP and image plate with my Versamagic black chalk ink dew drop pad, and created my punched out corners by using one of my MS border punches!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Simon Says Challenge - A Recipe : 1 image, 2 DP, 3 embellies (pearls, ribbon, gems on the butterfly)
2. Our Creative Corner - Gotcha Cornered  OCC want us to focus on our corners this week with stamped impressions, flourishes, die cuts, bling, flowers or anything fun that strikes your fancy. I've embellished 2 corners with my black flatback pearls, plus I've punched the corners of my image plate!
3. Bunny Zoe's Crafts Monthly Challenge #1 - Nice & Girly I don't think 'girly' has to mean 'pink', LOL!
4. Pollycraft Monday Challenge #48 - Sing Song!  They would like to see a project inspired by a song...so use a song title/lyrics as your sentiment... or create your card with a song in mind.  I was listening to the Hannah Montana Movie soundtrack when I was making this card, and so this card is inspired by my most fave song from the CD - "Butterfly Fly Away"....



Hope you have a wonderful week!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Sugar Nellie
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamagic Dew Drop
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Ambrosia' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore FB040 Nightfall, JP040 Roasted Pepper
EMBELLIES: Black flatback pearls, Black organza ribbon, Gems coloured black with promarker
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Martha Stewart border punch

26 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what beautiful colors and papers! I'm SO going to have to look for that punch too, it's really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Another amazing card. I love the colours you have chosen and that butterfly backing paper is to die for. Great punch as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word Sem this is FANTASTIC, love this image and that BG paper is just PERFECT!!! Great take on the layout and your coloring sweetie I know I tell you this all the time but WOWZAS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem, I love this card SO MUCH!
    WOW! great papers hunni and your colouring of the fab gorjuss girlie is superb *claps*
    Awesome work!
    glad to see you're back online hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Sem, This is so beautiful with the orange and grey tones. LOVE IT!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, this is truly gorgeous. I adore it all. Fab colours.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and so different with the reds blacks & greys

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...WOW oh and did I say WOW?

    This is just stunning..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful card. Love the colours and papers.

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. hoi semsee,
    what a gorgeous card is this
    nice colors
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Sem, I love her funky paper pieced dress!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Pollycraft! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck for the challenges, your card is truly amazing, I love colors and colouring, I love her paper pieced dress too, a great idea !!!
    Hugs
    Mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SO completely gorgeous Sem!!
    Love everything about it!!
    Thanks for joining us at pollycraft x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! This is awesome Sem!!
    I love the colours, and the dress looks amazing paper pieced.
    Your colouring is always stunning, and yes, I know I always say that!
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful, adorable card Sem. I love that song too, its always playing in my craft room.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning..love the paper pieced dress and the colour combo! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  18. I continue to learn much from seeing your work. I loved working on this sketch too. Have left a comment in SCS gallery.
    Paula (PEP)
    http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Sem and so beautifully coloured!
    Clairexx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sore more sore nicely am enthusiastically what nice map you have done magic. Perfectly!
    Greeting Karla

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! This is gorgeous, Love the colors, layout and your coloring is amazing! Thanks for playing along with 'Our Creative Corner' this week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adore your card - simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sem

    gorgeous card and wonderful papers, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

    Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you did her dress. It's really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card. Love the fab colours and the sweet image. Your colouring is fantastic!
    Thanks for joining in the Bunny Zoe's monthly challenge.
    Hugs
    Moni

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x