Saturday, 5 June 2010

Sketch Saturday #106 & Quixotic Challenge #28: Green at Heart


Hello again!

I've combined my Sketch Saturday and Quixotic Challenges card this week, as dozey old me forgot to make my Quixotic card - I blame it on the QP blog hop we're having at the moment, tee hee!

Elaine has chosen the theme for this week's Quixotic Challenge #28, which is to "Go Wild" - create a project/card featuring animals, or alternatively create a project for an animal (i.e. a treat package for dogs/cats.

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have an amazing sketch by our super-talented Paula, and we are being sponsored by The Secret Crafter!  I would also like to say a big welcome to our Guest Designer for June who is Deirdre - do pop on over to her blog and say hi!


So for my card, I decided to use one of my new Whimsy Carousel horse stamps called 'Proud to be', available HERE from Whimsy Stamps (or available HERE from Quixotic Paperie if you're in the UK).  I adore all of the Carousel Horses that Crissy Armstrong has drawn for Whimsy - they are so wonderful to colour!

I took my colour palette from the scrumptious Basic Grey 'Green at Heart' 6x6 paper pad, using kraft, pink, purple & green, and adorned this card with loads of 4mm flatback pearls! It was really diificult to photograph this card and represent the colours properly - don't think my digi camera likes red tones very much, LOL!

Supplies available from Quixotic Paperie


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Cupcake Craft Challenge #93 - Summer Delights
2. Ooh La La Challenge #55 - Use the Colours of the Challenge blog  Purple, pink & green
3. The Pink Elephant Challenge #69 - Bright Colours
4. ASFOS Challenge #105 - Celebrations
5. Papertake Weekly - Fun Fun Fun!  They want to see cards with a summer fun theme - well, I have many happy memories of being on family holidays when I was a child and going to fairgrounds, where my favourite ride was always the carousel horses!

Have a fab weekend folks!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Stamps 'Proud to Be'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Versamagic Dew Drop GD-82 Wheat
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Green at Heart' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 Colorcore LL040 Harlequinn, SU Kraft
EMBELLIES: Purple organza ribbon, Green buttons, Lilac Prima flowers, 4mm flatback pearls
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Circle & Scallop Circle Large nesties

12 comments:

  1. Wow,Wow Wow. Semsee this is fabulous. I adore these horses which is just as well as on the last one for my carousel. The colours on this are beautiful I just love averything about it. Another amazing card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card - beautiful image, and the colours are fab!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem, you colour these carousel horses so beautifully, i'm so jealous! ;)
    Another stunning card.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Simmone! The colors are so beautiful together and the horse is so gorgeously colored. I love the little line of buttons and flowers and how you put the pearls around the outside of the circle, really, really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a beautiful card ! Your colouring is stunning ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous card Sem,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colouring is always amazing
    *sigh* I wish I could manage to create such depth of colour and shading.
    Great colours and papers, and I love the pearls.
    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow this is so so gorgeous thank you for joining us at ooh la la this week and sharing with us
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sem! Your colouring is stunning!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card fab colours
    Thanks for joining in with PTW
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x