Tuesday, 1 June 2010

Quixotic Paperie : 1st Anniversary Blog Hop!


Today is a very special day as it's Quixotic Paperie online store's first anniversary, WOO-HOO!! 

As I'm sure most you know, Quixotic Paperie was started on June 1st 2009 by the awesomely talented Elaine Hughes and I am extremely honoured to be on the DT for this fantastic online store - double WOO-HOO!  Elaine wanted to share her passion and see where it might take her - so, Quixotic Paperie was born! Since then, the store has grown from stocking charms and embellishments to a wider range of crafting supplies that reflect Elaine's passion for papercrafting - if Elaine loves it, you will probably find it at Quixotic Paperie! Besides lots of crafting essentials, Quixotic Paperie also now stocks a fabulous range of rubber stamps from around the world: The Greeting Farm, Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps, SCACD Stamps, Paper Makeup Stamps, Belles 'n Whistles, the Mo Manning for Stamping Bella range, Stempelglede and more!  In addition to the store, we have a Quixotic Challenge blog and a Quxotic Paperie Store blog, so loads of places to gather ideas of how to use your QP goodies!

To celebrate Quixotic Paperie's first anniversary we are having a BLOG HOP!!  Yay!  So if you've randomly happened across this post today and you'd like to join in the hop, CLICK HERE to return to the start.  If you are already hopping along and have hopped here from Rowena's blog, then you're in the right place!  You won't want to miss a stop, as in addition to lots of fantastic inspiration, there are some prizes on offer (full details on the Quixotic Paperie Store Blog).  To be in with a good chance of winning, you need to comment at every stop, as the winners will be drawn randomly from all the comments.

The hop begins today (Tuesday 1st June 2010 at 07:00 UK time) and will end on Sunday 6th June when the winner's will be drawn!

For my celebration creation, I decided to try a completely different style - vintage!  I wanted to go the whole hog and rip my papers, but I just couldn't make myself, LOL!  I really enjoyed making this card and getting pretty inky!  I used some techniques that are new to me - stamping on flowers, daub inking the punched leaf branches and creating my own background paper by stamping and edge inking! I even sanded the grey mat (although this is very difficult to see in the pic!).  I used Odette from the TGF Roll Call stamp set, as she is so obviously French, LOL!  My photo really doesn't do the colours in this card justice, but hey ho! :o)

The complete supply list can be found at the foot of this post, but the goodies I used that are available to buy from Quixotic Paperie are... Basic Grey 'Cappella' 6x6 paper pad ... Prima E Line Brown flowers #301071 (I used the ivory ones in the pack!) ... Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad ... White 4mm flatback pearls ... TGF Roll Call stamp set.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Papertake Weekly - Sketch #41 -  I followed Dawny P's wonderful sketch!
2. ABC Challenge - V is for Vintage
3. Creative Inspirations - Challenge 62 Distressed
4. Simon Says Stamp - Pink or Blue, Green & Brown - I have used blue, green (even though it's a tiny amount!) and brown!
As I've entered this week's SSS challenge, I'm also going to enter Lol's SSS Fortnightly Candy Draw!
5. One Stop Craft Challenge 82 - Swirls & Pearls - The pearls are pretty obvious, but I'm hoping that the swirls in the text of the SU En Francais stamp I've used count as swirls! ;o)
6. Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Pimp Your Card - I've added ribbon, thread, flowers, roses, leaves, pearls and lace - I hope that's enough pimping, LOL!  [SU supplies: Kraft card, Close to Cocoa ink, Linen thread and En Francais stamp]

So now it's time for you to continue our anniversary blog hop and hop on over to Carole's blog, but remember to leave me a comment first! ;o)

Thanks so much for hopping along with us today!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: SU En Francais stamp (background), TGF Roll Call 'Odette'
INK: SU Close to Cocoa ink pad, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Cappella' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore NG010 Argos, SU Kraft
EMBELLIES: Prima E Line Brown flowers 301071, Wild Orchid Crafts 15mm Blue Roses, Ivory satin ribbon, Lace, SU Linen Thread, 4mm white flatback pearls
TOOLS: Martha Stewart Doily Lace BP, Sponge Dauber, Sander, Leaf Branch punch, Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, SU Boho Blossoms punch

76 comments:

  1. Hi Sem,

    I love your vintage card, these colors are so sweet...

    Happy first blogaversary at all the DT members and thanks for this great hop.

    Hugs
    Hélène

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a pretty card! i love it!
    thanks for sharing =)

    hugs
    juli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very retro,love it. I have such problems when I do vintage , never thought of retro as vintage it always makes me think Victorian/Edwardian. Thanks for sharing and putting a different slant on vintage for me. Julye

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh! gorgeous card!your all so talented!!!!,love the colour combo of the card too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, love your use of subtle colours :0)
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well your new style certainly works, fantastic colours and great paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. STUNNING!!! you've got the vintage down Sem... it's gorgeous, all the fabulous details and the subtle colours are awesome! HuGs Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, great soft colours.

    Happy Birthday Quixotic Paperie!!!

    Hugs
    Penni
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. this card is gorgeous, i love the colours and the layout is stunning xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! Your card and coloring is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. adorable
    I like the mixture of pale blue and brown- great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is stunning!!! Gorgeous colours.

    Thank you so much for being a part of the DT! So looking forward to sharing the coming months with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your use of muted colours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. sepia always looks so classy, also love to use this colour.
    Fab Card!
    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just so beautiful! I adore it! Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Quixotic Paperie!!!

    Love your card, those colours are fab !!

    Peggy xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just lovely hunny! Love the shabby chic vintage style you went for! love it!!
    Melly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Simmone, I love this! Beautiful flowers and color scheme that you picked out, it's so soft and elegant! Her outfit is so cute too and you colored her hair just perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh so adorable, wonderful image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this colour palette! :) a very cute card, and beautifully done. Good luck, and happy blogversary xx alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. So pretty...love the soft colours and vintagey feel! bx

    ReplyDelete
  22. love how you did the background paper, ooh and stamping on flowers, why have I never thought to do this? So great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! I like your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute! Love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow what a wonderful creation the colours are gorgeous so is the flower, pearls and image oh my I love it thank you so much for joining us at OSCC this week.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Stunning! I love this vintage card. (I do not rip paper ever!!)
    Lovely image and beautifully coloured, love the flowers you've stamped on, they're perfect.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a gorgeous card Sem,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wonderful creation and a fab hop.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love your card Sem! The whole look of it is so soft and understated. I love that!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is just sublime!! I love your soft colouring- her hair is amazing!! Beautiful card! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful vintage look on your anniversary card, super!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow, your cards are all just so gorgeous, you are one talented girl. Thanks for playing with us at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. love the distressed look of your card and the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Beatiful choice of colours, love the vintage feel.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete
  36. A gorgeous card really love the colours and image youve used.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That's so pretty! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So totally yum Sem, fabulous colour, really striking. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hiya Sem.....my sweet friend, first of all congratulations on the blogoversary from Quixotic and youre card is absolutely stunning wow....love the image and the colors that you have used.....Thanks for sharing sweetie Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. WOW Sem, this is gorgeous! I love your vintage look!!! It's so beautiful!!!
    Hugs~ Kim

    ReplyDelete
  41. Another great card - love the image and colours.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Cute cards thanks for sharing.Love the colours you`ve used too. hugs Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  43. Oh my! This card is just so soft and feminine and positively gorgeous! I love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Absolutely beautiful - so soft & vintagey - never mind ripped paper this is better in my humble opinion. Great!
    Paula (PEP)
    http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. beautiful. your colors are fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. This is gorgeous I love your colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Beautiful card, love the colours
    Thanks for joining in with PTW
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
  48. This card is so classy. . . I love how subtle it is!

    ReplyDelete
  49. WOW Sem perfectly elegant vintage card! Such a Sweet TGF girl:)) Love those flowers--beautiful!!
    Happy Anniversary to Quixotic Paperie!!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  50. Oh she is so freakin' cute!! I like your color combo - it's suttle. Great job on coloring her hair too.
    Hugs!
    Eulanda

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sem, I love the the color palette you chose for this card. You should try new techniques more often-it came out gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  52. i love the colors - so soothing....i think i need to go get a nice warm mocha right about now

    ReplyDelete
  53. Gorgeous card and I love the colourway. Sweet image coloured to perfection.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hi Sam, this is a beautiful card, love the colour combo and that sweet image. Great design too. Thank you for joining in with my Swirls & Pearl theme this week over at One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Beautiful vintage feel to your card Semsee! I recognize your work from the TGF galleria.

    Nice to hop through your blog!

    <3 Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  56. Woow! What a beautiful card!! I love the colors and the image very much! Fantastic!

    Greetings from Germany
    Katrin

    http://www.hobby-eck.de/

    ReplyDelete
  57. Wonderful card
    Thanks for joining us at One stop craft challenge and good luck!
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  58. Just gorgeous! Love the vintage look and your coloring and 'bellies are perfect as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Beautiful! Love the earth tones!

    ReplyDelete
  60. This is gorgeous. I love all your cards but this has to be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is gorgeous, I love the colour and image. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  62. The colors make it such a pretty and clean card... love it

    ReplyDelete
  63. I love this card! You cannot tell that you're new to some of these techniques, it looks like you've been a vintage gal all along :)
    Nxxx

    ReplyDelete
  64. I truly admire your colouring, such perfect blending it makes my heart weep to look at my own attempts!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  65. That's a lovely, sophisticated vintage look. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  66. I love your vintage card! Great colours and Odette is just lovely! And the background is just gorgeous! Hugs from France :-), Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  67. This is stunning, it's so pretty!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  68. She is adorable. And I like how you did your flowers too
    DianeL
    loyaz1@wbhsi.net

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x