Sunday, 16 May 2010

Sunday Sketch & Stamp #28: Whimsy Party Snail


Morning everyone!

Are you ready for a new challenge at Sunday Sketch & Stamp?  It's Maggie's turn to set the sketch for us this fortnight and she has given us a wonderful one that would be perfect to use up all those scraps we hoard:

You may have noticed that I've been making A6-size cards recently - well that's because I have now completely run out of my 6"x6" card blanks, and the online shop I purchase them from has been waiting for more stock from their supplier for over a month - eek!  I can make A6 cards as I have plenty of C6 envelopes and cello bags, but I don't have any envs or cellos left for my square cards so even if I make up my own card blanks I can't package them!!

I chose to use this adorable Whimsy digi stamp entitled 'Party Snail' for my card.  Did you know that Whimsy now has 39 digi stamps in stock (16 images and 23 sentiment sets)?  I've always been a rubbah girl myself, but I am definitely coming around to the idea of digis, and the one thing I absolutely love about them is the way you can resize them to the perfect size for your needs!

Sorry the colouring is not too good!  I decided to try out some SU Whisper White card with my Copics as it takes my inkjet printer ink better.  I know a lot of people are happy and use SU card with Copics, but I found it soaked up my Copic ink too much and I then found it difficult to blend properly!  So I'll stick to my Rymans card for now, LOL!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Stampin' for the Weekend - A Card for a Male
2. Sundays With Crissy - Challenge #3 Favourite Things (Copics, DP, pearls, etc. LOL!)
3. PaperPlay Challenge 19 - Brown and ...?

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy digi stamp 'Party Snail'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: MME Wild Asparagus 6x6 paper pack
CARD: Core'dinations 12s12 ColorCore
EMBELLIES: Versamagic Dew Drop 'Jumbo Java', 4mm olive green flatback pearls
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads

11 comments:

  1. Another fabulous fun card. Love the layout. Your colouring looks fine to me as always. Cute image

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW this is so cute Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore your card - great image.

    Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem this is totally ADORABLE sweetie, LOVE these great colors with this cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done a great job Sem--I love your colouring and the colour scheme you chose!! Fabulous papers too!!
    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW beautiful card!! Love yoyr awesome coloring and shading too! Thanks for playing with us at Sunday's with Crissy!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Sem! I adore those papers they work perfectly with the cute image :)

    Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the layout! The shading on the balloon is perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday's with Crissy! Hugs, Zoe xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic sketch. The papers you chose are great(some of my favourite colours!), and I love the snail in blue and brown! The balloon looks fantastic extended beyond the edge of the main panel. Thanks for playing at Sundays With Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous colours, wow! I love your mad colouring skillz! Beautiful work, as always!! Thanks for playing my challenge Simmone!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x