Saturday, 22 May 2010

Sketch Saturday #104: Proud to be Whimsy


Happy Saturday bloggers!

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another fab sketch by our wonderful leader Jo, and this week we are being sponsored by Whimsy Stamps!


I've used one of the just-been-released Whimsy Stamps Carousel Horse stamps for my release, and this one is aptly called 'Proud to be'.  You can buy this gorgeous stamp set from Whimsy Stamps HERE (or from Quixotic Paperie HERE if you're in the UK).

At first I was dithering about whether to go with the American theme or colour this horse in non red/blue/white colours, but in the end the sketch was just perfect for recreating an interpretation of the American flag (I know the blue/white part doesn't go all the way across originally!) so I went with it!

I didn't use any DP for this card (shock, I know!).  Instead, I used some SU card in Real Red and Brilliant Blue.  I found a small clear star stamp at the bottom of my stamp drawer and inked this up with my SU Whisper White stampin' pad and stamped this onto the blue card.  I then cut some strips of white and glued them to the SU Rose Red card.  I was going to add some silver ribbon across the stripey part, but it didn't look right, so one of the stripes can resemble the 'stripe' from the sketch, LOL!  I also used my SU scallop border punch, plus created a corner embellishment using my Martha Stewart corner punch.  Some red and blue flat-back gems to finish and it was done!  Now the only question is who to give it to, LOL!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Totally Gorjuss Challenge 31 - Bling it On!
2. Saturday Challenge 84 - No patterned paper
3. One Stop Craft Challenge 81 - Birthstones  I have used 'ruby' gems for our daughter's birth month (July) and 'sapphire' gems for hubby's birth month (September).

Finally, just to let you know that Whimsy Stamps is currently holding a DT Call (positions to start in July). If you're interested, pop along to this post to read all about what is required and how to enter. The call ends on 18th June. I adore being on the Whimsy Stamps DT, and I really encourage you to apply!

Have a fab weekend folks, whatever you're doing!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Stamps 'Proud to be'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
CARD: SU Kraft, SU Real Red, SU Brilliant Blue
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Whisper White stampin' pad, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Wheat'
EMBELLIES: 3mm blue & red flatback gems
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, SU scallop border punch, Martha Stewart corner punch

23 comments:

  1. wouuuuuuuu, beautyful

    greetings anneke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Sem....love it love it and yep love it...
    THanks for sharing sweetie, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Simonne! Really like the sketch this week too-gonna have to join in:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem, this card is an absolute stunner! *claps*
    Love that you use our sponsors new stamp for this weeks challenge, shows everyone how awesome the design is.
    Have a fabby, sunny weekend hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza hun! What a beaut. Love everything about it. Thanks so much for playing Totally Gorjuss this week. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowww Sem,so beautiful card,i love your image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another stunner. Love the shiny black mane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem WOW sweetie I totally LOVE how you used this proud to be image...Your take on the sketch FABULOUS not to mention these patriotic colors...The added bling at the bottom is the perfect touch!!!! Your coloring knocks my socks off...do you give classes??? :)Cause I would SOOOOO be your customer!!! You rock lady!!! Have a wonderful weekend Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you have the wrong link on OSCC on Mr Linky, so it took a little detective work to find you!
    Great card and beautiful birthstones!
    Thanks for joining us on OSCC this week!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card. I love the partiotic colors. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This really is gorgeous, I love the colouring. Sorted out the link for you too ;-)
    Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful patriotic colors!! Love it, reminds me of the 4th of July here :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card. Love the jewels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, love the image and so beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is lovely. Really colourful. Love the bling too. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome card, Simonne! Like what you've done with the sketch and the papers, and your colouring of the beautiful image, looks fab!

    Have a great weekend! Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a really vibrant and colourful card hun!
    Thanks for sharing at SCSC this week, hope to see you next time too.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful as always, your colouring is stunning and I love your colour choice too. Perfect!!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this is gorgeous and what a brilliant way to make pattern paper.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  20. as stunning as always...beautiful colouring
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card. I love the colours..

    Thanks for joining us over at One stop crafts xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x