Saturday, 1 May 2010

Sketch Saturday #101: Stepsisters


Pinch punch, it's the 1st of the month! Hee hee!  (and the start of a 3-day weekend for us Brits!)

This week over at Sketch Saturday it's the wonderful Maya's turn to set the sketch, and what a fab sketch it is:


I decided to use this great image called 'Stepsisters' by Mo Manning (available HERE).  As you may have heard, Stamping Bella is manufacturing some of Mo's digi stamps in lovely rubbah, and the best news is that Elaine is stocking them at Quixotic Paperie!!  Woo-hoo!  You can get your inky hands on them HERE!

I took my colour scheme from my fab Fancy Pants 12x12 papers (available HERE).  I actually mixed 2 different 'lines' - the green paper is called 'Aunt' and is from the 'My Family' collection (available HERE) and the yellow flowery paper is called 'Umbrella' and is from the 'Rusted Sun' collection (available HERE)!  I distressed the edges of the DP and the image with my trusty Versamagic Dew Drop chalk inks as I felt it matched the softness of the papers.  A punched border, some ribbon, a few flowers and some pearls and it was done!

Thank you, as ever, for stopping by!  I'd also like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone who regularly pops by my blog and leaves me such wonderful comments.  I cherish each and every one, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time.  You know who you all are - you are the BEST!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sem. Love the way you've coloured in the adorable image and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the colours are gorgeous, a great image too!!! Have a fab weekend!!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colours, fab image and your colouring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Sem! luv the fab image, lush colours & papers & great layout xx Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab sketch this week, love your card, that image is adorable
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! Love your take on the sketch, and the pretty colors and papers you used.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card, great image and beautifully coloured.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem WOWZA girl, I totally LOVE these colors and dp...You rocked this sketcha and that image and coloring...OMG!!! What a beauty this is sweetie!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. saw your card on Sketch Saturday and got a giggle from it. love how you colored it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHat a fun fun image... Absolutely adorable

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just popping inn to say Hi!
    I'm so happy to join the SS team along with you talented girls!!
    I just looove your card - georgeous!
    Hugs, Lena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another amazing card. Love the layout and the image is so cute. The colouring is perfect as always

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sem,

    Just found your gorgeous blog! The cards you make are beautiful.

    I have joined as a follower and will definately be back again.

    Love,
    Kerry
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, that image cracks me up!!! So stinkin' cute, Simonne! I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the image and your papers are gorgeous. The punched middle with the ribbon is fab!

    Kimmi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x