Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Quixotic Challenge #27: Embossing


Hello again!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Challenges and this week it's my turn to set the challenge!  I have chosen the nice easy theme of Embossing - so dry embossing, embossing folders, heat embossing...

I have used one of my brand new TGF Roll Call stamps called Maria (available HERE) for my card [this fantastic value stamp set is currently on order at QP].  I inked her up using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available HERE).  I also used some 4mm and 5mm white flatback pearls (available HERE).

You can see that I haven't used any patterned paper for this card - "again?" I hear you cry, LOL!  Well, I wanted to follow this week's Monday Mania challenge over at Club Anya & Friends for which Leanne has asked us to use the color combo of orange, pink and blue but NOT to use any designer papers (which works well with my embossing challenge!). 

I chose 3 diferent pieces of Core'dinations Colorcore card (BR020 In the Pink, BB010 Bluebelle, CO020 Papaya) and used a variety of spellbinder dies, Cuttlebug embossing folders, punch, and embellies...but NO designer paper!  I ran the orange piece of card through my Swiss Dots EF and then sanded the dots to bring through the coloured core of the card!  The little flowers in the top and bottom RH corners are actually cut from a piece of lace/ribbon that I won in a blog candy a long time ago, but I thought they accented the other EF I used really well!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: The Greetings Farm Maria from 'Roll Call'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, Versamagic Dew Drop GD-37 Sea Breeze
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - BR020 In The Pink, BB010 Bluebelle, CO020 Papaya
EMBELLIES: 4mm & 5mm white flatback pearls, Pink gingham ribbon, Pink satin flower lace/ribbon
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Martha Stewart Doily Lace BP, Nesties Labels 1, Ovals, Scalloped Ovals, Cuttlebug Embossing Folders (Swiss Dots, With Gratitude combo set)

14 comments:

  1. Oh my Sem, I LOVE the colors on this cutie....EEEKKKK look at all those gorgeous layers and texture!!! That ribbon is such a great touch it really pops girl!!!! Of course I just LOVE that image too....Super sweet and what a beauty!! Hope you enjoy your Wednesday sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An adorable image and I love the colour combination. A brilliant challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Simonne! I love the color combo and the embossing looks fabulous! Awesome coloring, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sem, I used Ruby Sprout for my card. Love your Roll call sweetie, and your gorgeous card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful card,i love your image and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a darling card! I love these colors together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Cute image and beautifully coloured. I love the colours,brilliant combo.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a beautiful card, Sem! Love the color combo and the perfect spots!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
    Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous.. i love love love these colors!!!!!!!! thanks for playing with us this week one the MelJens challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wauw. So beautiful. Love the bright colors and the image is so cute and your coloring is just perfect.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
    Dorte aka dot-scrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card hun - love that image!
    Thanks for sharing with us at SCSC this week - hope to see you next time too!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! Just love how you have coloured her dress! Fabulous! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous from the colors to the amazing swiss dots! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sem! Just wanted to stop by and say Congratulations on winning the Monday Mania Challenge over at CA&F. Your card is absolutely beautiful and it was perfect for the challenge I set. Thanks again for playing along! Hugs, Leanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x