Wednesday, 12 May 2010

Quixotic Challenge #25: Let Your Garden Grow!


Hello again!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Challenges and Judy has chosen the theme of 'Let Your Garden Grow - Use DIY flowers on your creations' for us this week. 

I decided to use the Farmer Anya stamp from my TGF Rock The Farm stamp set (available HERE) for this card to continue the theme of growing and gardens!  I inked her up using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available HERE) and coloured her with Copics.  For my DP I chose 4 co-ordinating pieces from the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety Mini Deck 6x6 paper pad (available HERE) - October Afternoon and Cosmo Cricket are my go-to papers whenever I use The Greeting Farm stamps!  And of course I used my Bow Easy template (available HERE) to tie the bow!  Okay, I admit it - my DIY flower is rather pathetic, LOL!  My original idea was to add a couple of lollipop flowers, but they just didn't look right on the card, so I pulled out a couple of flower punches instead!

I've followed Cindy's fab Farm Fresh Friday sketch over at The Greeting Farm blog, and I've also managed to add all the elements for Club Anya & Friends' Monday Mania Challenge which has been set by Jenn.  Jenn has asked us to follow a recipe: Pierce it, Punch it, Piece it!  I have used my SU piercing tool above and below the ribbon, I have used my MS Daisy border punch and also a couple of flower punches, and finally I paper-pieced Farmer Anya's dungarees with one of the DPs. 

Finally, I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. TGF Farm Fresh Friday - Cindy's Sketch
2. Club Anya & Friends Monday Mania Challenge - Jenn's Recipe
3. Cupcake Craft Challenge 90 - Buttons
4. The Pink Elephant Challenge 66 - Recipe (The color - Yellow, Designer Paper and Buttons)

Thanks for popping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. I'm continually in awe of how many challenges you can fit into one and it still be so wonderful! Love how you used the papers and layout, the colors are so pretty :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is the perfect image for this challenge. A beautiful flower

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Sem.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this card!!! So super CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a wonderful card hun, gorgeous colouring and detail.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft ! I adore your card, love the colours - just fab - and the design is so so sweet ! Love it to bits ! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just adorable! The coloring is gorgeous...

    Thank you for joining us at TPE.

    Silvia~TPE/DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work, I love the design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super adorable card!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at TPE!!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x