Wednesday, 14 April 2010

YNS Challenge #14: Stitching


Hey everyone!

This morning I'd like to share with you my DT card for Your Next Stamp Challenges.  It's the mega-talented Kerri's turn to set challenge #14, and she has chosen STITCHING (machine or faux).  As I don't own a sewing machine (and am far too lazy to hand-stitch, hee hee!), I've added some faux-stitching to my card.  But if you want to see the real stitching mistress at work, then hop on over to Kerri's blog - I adore the beautiful stitching she adds to her fabulous cards!

I had lots of fun colouring and paper piecing 'Get Well Soon Fhiona'.  I paper-pieced her bed, bed-covers and bedside cabinet, then added pearls as bed-knobs and drawer handles. Finally, a little touch of glitter on the flower of her headband and the 3 hearts at the bottom of her bed!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Sweet Stop Sketch 51 : I have followed the FAB sketch over at The Sweet Stop - thanks girls!
2. Stamp Something - Stitch Something
3. Saturday Challenge #78 - Get Well
4. Totally Gorjuss Challenge #25 - Texture
5. Cupcake Craft Challenge #86 - Childhood Memories : One of my earliest childhood memories was myself and my little brother and sister breaking out in Chicken Pox spots when we were on our summer holidays.  It ruined the holiday as we had to come home early as our hotel wouldn't allow us to stay!!
6. Pollycraft Monday Challenge #39 - Colour combo : I have used pink and brown + YELLOW!
7. Meljen's Designs Challenge #2 - Girly Colours
8. Paperplay Week 14 - Shiny Happy People : I have added glitter to my image!
9. Allsorts Challenge #47 - Petals & Pearls
10. Our Creative Corner - Bows
11. Crazy 4 Challenges #32 - Recipe : I have used one pink ribbon, 2 yellow buttons in the centres of the flowers, and 3 punches (MS Doily Lace punch, Woodware Large Daisy punch, and Woodware Regular Daisy punch)
12. Sew Many Cards Challenge Week #10 - Stitching
13. My Time to Craft Challenge 87 - Pretty Pearls

Thanks for dropping by!  I'll be back later with my Quixotic Paperie Challenges DT card!

Have a great day!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Get Well Soon Fhiona'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics
PAPER: Basic Grey 6x6 Sugared paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore CC040 French Roast & PP010 Sugar n Spice
EMBELLIES: Icicle Stickles, 5mm & 4mm white flat-back pearls, Versamagic Jumbo Java, buttons, ribbon

32 comments:

  1. This is a so very cute get well card Simonne :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really cute card, love the faux stitching that you have added.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love the pearls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there

    What a bery pretty card, love the DP's, it's always hard to find ones with tiny patterns and this is lovely.

    Thank you for joining in my Petals adn Pearls theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so sweet Sem, such a cute image!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute image. you have used one of my favourite backing papers. Love those flowers which are different to the norm. ASnother beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sem!
    Aww what a sweet image!Love your faux stitching and fab BG paper's :)
    hugs amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous sweet card Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card!! Love that image! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with such a delightful card ! Thanks for sharing your special memories too ! Smiles from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet Sem and the papers are so pretty.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really put a lot of work into your card with the paper piecing and your "stitching" looks very real and hand-stitched! Great job!

    Angela
    SewManyCards

    ReplyDelete
  13. so pretty

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an adorable card, Simonne! I always adore how you can put together all your embellishments. Thanks for joining the challenge at Meljen's this week :)
    - Ann

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simonne you know I love your work! Yet another gorgeous creation! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something-hope to see you back again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet Sem! I love her little paper pieced covers! Your faux stitching looks awesome.
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is lovely, Simonne. Great faux stitching (you had me fooled!) - and lovely colours.

    Thanks for entering my challenge on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty, I love the paper piecing too!! if only faux stitching worked in real life!!!!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute! Thank you for joining the Meljen’s Designs Challenge. I hope join us for our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a sweet card Sem, I love your colour combo and that cute little girl. Nice daisys too! This lovely card would really lift anyone's spirits! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hiya Sem! Such a pretty card! I really love the flowery papers and wonderful girly colors!
    Sorry I'm late in making my commenting rounds! I hope you enjoyed our challenge and play again soon!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs!!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute, thanks for stitching along with us at Sew Many Challenges. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How sweet! I love your card! The pearls are a great touch!

    Thank you for participating in Sew Many Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE it!! Great work! Thanks for sharing with us at SMC!

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous card and such a lovely memory too, sorry to hear chicken pox spoilt your holiday. I came down with it the day my mum married my step dad - they thought I was just being mardy lol!

    Thanks for joining in at Cupcake this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a pretty card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card. Fhiona is so cute. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super card. Love the DP you chose. Thanks for playing along at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  29. very nice.
    thanks for joining SMC's challenges. be sure to try our next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, I love the stitching and the image is so cute! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh how fun!! I love all your great little details! Thanks for playing The Sweet Stop sketch challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ohhh your card is super cute! I love the pearls on the bed! TOOO Cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x