Friday, 30 April 2010

Whimsy DT: Truly Scrumptious Maya...


Happy Friday everyone!  Are you excited that it's almost the weekend?  Here in the UK we are lucky enough to have an extra day off this weekend as Monday is a Bank Holiday - YAY!

Today I have a brand new Whimy card to share with you.  I finished it yesterday especially for my post over at the Whimsy Inspirations blog.  I used the gorgeous Whimsy digi stamp - Maya Blowing Bubbles - which was has been drawn for Whimsy by the famous Crissy Armstrong.

I followed the fabulous sketch over at Truly Scrumptious and also chose to follow the optional extra challenge to design the layout so that the tag shaped element slides out to reveal a hidden message or sentiment.  Here's a shot of the card with the tag pulled out:


For the sentiment I used one of Whimsy's Maya Blowing Bubbles digi sentiments that Ann created to match this beautiful image.

I also decided to crack open my Basic Grey 6x6 'Nook & Pantry' paper pad, which I have to admit has sat 'unopened' since I bought it all those weeks ago, LOL!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Truly Scrumptious Challenge 31 - Hidden Message
2. A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge 101 - 3D Something
3. One Stop Craft Challenge 77 - Metallic  I have used silver spacers with brads for the centres of my flowers!

Wishing you all a fab day!  I'll be back tomorrow with my Sketch Saturday card

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Sem this is so sweet what a wonderful card. gorgeous image.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning! luv the lush colours & your colouring is gorgeous... I luv her feet,lol ~ fab layout too hun xx Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunningly beautiful! The image is so gorgeous and I love the colour scheme and papers you've used! Thanks for joining in with the TS challenge!

    Love Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another fabulous card Sem. She is gorgeous. Love your choice of colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sem I LOVE this sweetie, that tag design is AWESOME!!! BEAUTIFUL work girl!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a stunner Sem, so love your colouring it is perfect! have a great weekend, hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow!!!! A stunning card, your colouring is fabulous, love those DP too, gorgeous!!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Simonne! I love how you've colored Maya, so beautiful! Pretty papers and colors too and that tag is a perfect way to finish this up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Sem, stunning colours and papers and Maya is gorgeous, beautifully coloured.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh such a gorgeous card Sem. Love the colours you've used and the sweet image also. Thanks for joining us this week at TS. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love your awesome lifelike colouring on Maya! Beautiful! The whole card is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x