This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another fab sketch by the super-talented Jo, and this week we are being sponsored by The Craft Garden:
I wanted to use some papers that I haven't cut into before (I seem to buy paper but never get round to using it because I want to sit and stroke it, LOL!), so after rifling through my 12x12 box I found my fairly new MME 'Be Loved' papers. I have the complete set, and so the plan was to cut out the various size circles of the sketch from the co-ordinating papers in the range. However...once I'd started making up my card (and purely by coincidence!) I found that the paper I had chosen for the background actually had circles in the correct places to match the sketch!!! So I went with this and just cut out the main circle and the smaller top right one with my nesties!
For the tiny circles I used my butterfly punches. I punched out the 'actual' butterfly in DP and layered this on top of a 'background' butterfly punched out in SU Garden Green card to create a shadow effect, adding some Stickles to the edges for a bit of sparkle!
The image is a digi stamp from The Creepy Cakes range TGF - this one is the less quirky of the 3 images in the range and is called 'Freaky Flutter'. I really love digis, but my Copics do not! Even though I print the images out in 'draft' and wait a day for them to 'dry' properly, when I get to colouring them, the printer ink still seems to bleed out and causes a few grey streaks! I have an HP inkjet printer and use my usual white coated card. Accordingly to the card and HP, they should work fine together, but most of my Copics (esp. the light ones) are now stained with black ink!! :o(
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
1. Anyone for Anya? Get in Shape - I have used 3 squares (green card, cream card, and main background DP), 2 scalloped circles, and 1 image shape.
2. Magical Crafts Challenge #12 Animal Antics - My animals are butterflies!
3. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #54 Spots & Dots
4. TPE Challenge 62 Recipe - I have used 1 image, 2 dies (circles and scallop circles nesties), and 3 fave embellies (flat-back pearls, flat-back gems and Stickles!)
5. Roses on Paper Challenge #35 Layers
6. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Cutie Pie Some may think this image is quirky - I think it's cute!!
7. Meljen's Designs Challenge #3 Add those 3D elements
8. Anya Ink Challenge #2 Pink & Sparkly
9. ABC Challenge S is for Sparkle
10. My Time to Craft Challenge #87 Pretty Pearls
11. Stamp Something - Something Layered
12. Creat4fun Challenge Week 16 Circles
13. One Stop Craft Challenge #76 Things with Wings
14. Our Creative Challenge - Beautiful Butterflies
I'm sad to see the end of the school Easter holidays, as when Monday comes it will be time to pack both daughter and hubby (he's a teacher) off to school, and then it's back to the daily grind! One piece of fab news is that my new (and rather expensive ... shhhh!!!) digital piano was delivered yesterday morning - for those of you who are interested it's a Kawai CA-63. It's in the same room as I craft, so you can tell where I'll be ALL THE TIME from now on!!! Hee hee!!!
Have a fab weekend folks, whatever you're doing!
Thanks for popping by!
STAMP: TGF 'Freaky Flutter' digital stamp
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: MME 12x12 'Be Loved'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'Vanilla Cream', SU 12x12 Garden Green
EMBELLIES: Flat back pearls, flat-back gems, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Red Brick'
TOOLS: Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Paper Trimmer, Circle Nesties, MS Butterfly punch, Woodware butterfly punch