Saturday, 17 April 2010

Sketch Saturday #99 (DT card): Freaky Flutter

Happy Saturday bloggers!

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another fab sketch by the super-talented Jo, and this week we are being sponsored by The Craft Garden:


I wanted to use some papers that I haven't cut into before (I seem to buy paper but never get round to using it because I want to sit and stroke it, LOL!), so after rifling through my 12x12 box I found my fairly new MME 'Be Loved' papers.  I have the complete set, and so the plan was to cut out the various size circles of the sketch from the co-ordinating papers in the range.  However...once I'd started making up my card (and purely by coincidence!) I found that the paper I had chosen for the background actually had circles in the correct places to match the sketch!!!  So I went with this and just cut out the main circle and the smaller top right one with my nesties! 

For the tiny circles I used my butterfly punches.  I punched out the 'actual' butterfly in DP and layered this on top of a 'background' butterfly punched out in SU Garden Green card to create a shadow effect, adding some Stickles to the edges for a bit of sparkle!

The image is a digi stamp from The Creepy Cakes range TGF - this one is the less quirky of the 3 images in the range and is called 'Freaky Flutter'.  I really love digis, but my Copics do not!  Even though I print the images out in 'draft' and wait a day for them to 'dry' properly, when I get to colouring them, the printer ink still seems to bleed out and causes a few grey streaks!  I have an HP inkjet printer and use my usual white coated card.  Accordingly to the card and HP, they should work fine together, but most of my Copics (esp. the light ones) are now stained with black ink!! :o(

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Anyone for Anya? Get in Shape - I have used 3 squares (green card, cream card, and main background DP), 2 scalloped circles, and 1 image shape.
2. Magical Crafts Challenge #12 Animal Antics - My animals are butterflies!
3. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #54 Spots & Dots
4. TPE Challenge 62 Recipe - I have used 1 image, 2 dies (circles and scallop circles nesties), and 3 fave embellies (flat-back pearls, flat-back gems and Stickles!)
5. Roses on Paper Challenge #35 Layers
6. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Cutie Pie Some may think this image is quirky - I think it's cute!!
7. Meljen's Designs Challenge #3 Add those 3D elements
8. Anya Ink Challenge #2 Pink & Sparkly
9. ABC Challenge S is for Sparkle
10. My Time to Craft Challenge #87 Pretty Pearls
11. Stamp Something - Something Layered
12. Creat4fun Challenge Week 16 Circles
13. One Stop Craft Challenge #76 Things with Wings
14. Our Creative Challenge - Beautiful Butterflies

I'm sad to see the end of the school Easter holidays, as when Monday comes it will be time to pack both daughter and hubby (he's a teacher) off to school, and then it's back to the daily grind!  One piece of fab news is that my new (and rather expensive ... shhhh!!!) digital piano was delivered yesterday morning - for those of you who are interested it's a Kawai CA-63.  It's in the same room as I craft, so you can tell where I'll be ALL THE TIME from now on!!! Hee hee!!! 

Have a fab weekend folks, whatever you're doing!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: TGF 'Freaky Flutter' digital stamp
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: MME 12x12 'Be Loved'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'Vanilla Cream', SU 12x12 Garden Green
EMBELLIES: Flat back pearls, flat-back gems, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Red Brick'
TOOLS: Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Paper Trimmer, Circle Nesties, MS Butterfly punch, Woodware butterfly punch

28 comments:

  1. Ilove the colours you have used here it really is stunning.Hugs SamXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!! Love the beautiful paper and the image is fab!! Her green hair is awesome, I must try this. Have a lovely weekend,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning!! I love the DP and you've coloured Freaky in perfectly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I am totally in awe of 11 challenges in 1!!!! That must be some sort of record, lol :0) LOVE this card, her hair and all the rest of her is colored just beautifully and I really think the color scheme, layout and dp are all so pretty.
    ~Rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow! What an amazing card! I love that MME paper. Your colored your creepy cake so beautifully. Thank you so much for playing with us.

    I♥TGF!

    Claudia
    Anya Ink-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sem you sure did ROCK this sketch sweetie...awwww what a darling image....and these colos are beautiful!!! Another amazing card, you are sooooo talented gf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya Sem wohoooo sweetie you made an absolutely georgous card wow just love the papers and the image is cute....fab coloring...wow...and for so many challenges....That is soo clever of you...wow...
    Thanks for sharing sweetie and have a fab weekend. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is simply awesome..the colours are stunning and the image is beautiful..What more can I say :) Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freaky is Fabulous. You have done your usual marvelous job of colouring. The colours you have chosen are gorgeous and only you could get away with green hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous Sem. The papers are beautiful and the colours are a real eye opener!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful card 0 the image is wonderful and the dp's are fab
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning card, the colouring is absolutely gorgeous and I love the paper you used. Thank you for joining us at SSC, Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love it, such a cute card. Love the DP you used. Great card, thanks for joining us at Anya Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! This card is completely gorgeous Sem! Your coloring is amazing and those papers are perfect! Love everything about this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just delicious Papers and colours! Thanks for joining us at MCFC.
    Hugs, Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fabulous! Love the image and the pearls along the edge was an adorable touch! I'm so glad you could join us for the Spots and Dots challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fabulous! Love the image and the pearls along the edge was an adorable touch! I'm so glad you could join us for the Spots and Dots challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very Cute!!! Love the bright colors! Thanks for playing along with Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your card. Those colours and layout is so perfect. Love that image.Thanks for playing with Anya ink, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous colour combo and layout - awesome job!
    Thanx for joining us at Anya Ink this week
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh so gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant. Hope you’ll have time to join us for our new challenge which starts tomorrow.
    Ann xxx
    TPE

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card! The colours are lovely and the image is great. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I LOVE LOVE LOVE her with green hair! Great job, Sem!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Meljen's Designs and Stamptacular Sunday this week!! Good Luck on the challenge!
    ♥Dee (Spryte)♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Simmone! This is fabulous! I love the colors together! Fabulous coloring also! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow - another gorgeous card, perfect colouring and paper co-ordination!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great colors and coloring! Thanks for playing with the MelJen's challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful card!
    Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  28. congrats on making the top 5 on MelJens designs. Your card is awesome ;)

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x