Wednesday, 21 April 2010

Quixotic Challenges #22: Make a Splash!

Afternoon all!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Challenges

Elaine has chosen the theme of 'Make a Splash' for us this week, and so she is challenging us to create a card/project featuring water as a theme in some way!  [Now, if I'd had a bit of foresight and thought about this last week, I could have used my Angler Ian card for this week's challenge and made a different card for last week!  Never mind, LOL!]

So as I don't have any obvious watery stamps, I had to have a bit of a ponder about this one ... then as the sun was streaming through the window I had a 'lightbulb' moment and remembered my TGF Miss Anya Rain Snow Shine set of stamps (available HERE)!  I inked up 'Rain Miss Anya' in Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available HERE) and coloured her with Copics.  For my DP I used 2 different pieces from the Cosmo Cricket 6x6 Mini Pad 'Earth Love'  (available HERE) - I have to confess that I have had this paper pad since it was first released and have never been brave enough to cut into it before now, LOL!  Finally, some ribbon from my stash and a few buttons to finish (the blue one is a Fancy Pants button, available HERE).

I followed the great sketch over at Truly Scrumptious Challenge 30, and happily the image I've used also fits their optional theme of 'April Showers'!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

3. Allsorts Challenge 48 - In Stitches My red grosgrain ribbon has some fab white stitching!
4. Sweet Stampin Challenge 22 - In Stitches
5. All That Scraps Challenge - Sewing I hope that the white stitching on the grosgrain ribbon counts!

Thanks for popping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: TGF Miss Anya Rain
COLOURING MEDIUM: Copics
PAPER: Cosmo Cricket 6x6 mini deck 'Early Bird'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore CR020 Cardinal
EMBELLIES: Ribbon, buttons
TOOLS: PVA glue, 3D foam pads, paper trimmer, scissors, cuttlebug, CB EF Swiss Dots, Nesties, Woodware corner rounder punch

21 comments:

  1. Another beauty. Wish my light bulb would flash

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, your coloring is just FLAWLESS! Love the pretty color scheme and layout too, beautiful job Simmone :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH WOW! this is soooo gorgeous ~ Like Rach I too am so jealous of your colouring,lol ... it's stunning
    Luv the bright colours & DP's are lush ... just perfecto! xx Lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card, but then your cards are always fab. Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a darling card! I love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card, adore cosmo papers - my fave.
    Thanks for joining us at ALLSORTS this week.
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem this is soooooo FABULOUS!!! I LOVE the way you worked this dp girl!! AWWW and that image is soooo cute..What a WONDERFUL card sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just adorable!! I love the cute image you used for your card!! Thanks for joining us at All That Scraps Wednesday Challenge!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cute card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there

    This is just lovely and a wonderful colour combo.

    Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is soooo ADORABLE!!! I love that image, and your colored her beautifully! Great colors and dp!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card, such lovely colours and colouring. Thanks for joining us at Anyone for Anya?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow, this is beautiful Sem, so love the sweet image and the gorgeous fresh look to it, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an adorable card! I love your combo of papers and textures! Thank you for joining us in the ATS challenge this week! :-)Traci

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cool Simonne. Lovely coloring on Anya and the pretty DP. Awesome card!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow Sem stunning, I always get such a thrill seeing my sketch used and so beautifully too...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Anya creation! The ribbon is perfect for the stitching challenge! Thanks for playing along w/us in the All That Scraps Weekly Wednesday challenge this week. Enjoyed visiting your blog!
    Pam Going Postal

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a beautiful card, Sem! Your coloring and design are magnificent! Thanks for joining us at the ATS challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x