Wednesday, 14 April 2010

Quixotic Challenges #21: Heavy Metal


Afternoon all!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic ChallengesKim has chosen the theme of 'Heavy Metal' for us this week, and so she is challenging us to use metal embellishments on our creations!

I had a little spend up at Quixotic Paperie late last week (okay, it wasn't THAT little, hee hee!) and so I just had to use some of my brand new goodies on this card! 
 
I stamped Ian from my new TGF Rock the Farm stamp set (available HERE) in Memento Tuxedo Blank ink pad (available HERE) and coloured with Copics.  For my DP I used 2 different pieces from the Crate Paper 'Brook' Collection Kit (available HERE).  These papers are such wonderful quality and I adore the browns, greens, turquoises and yellows!  I've never used Crate Paper before, but I'm so taken with it I will have to order one of the different kits from Elaine in my next order, LOL! I stamped up some extra fish and glittered them up with Icicle Stickles, then used some Lemon Raffia Lace (available HERE) as a 'fishing net'.  I adorned this with the fish plus some Prima E Line Pearls (available HERE), and a sweet little Starfish charm (available HERE).
 
Here's a slightly angled piccie of the card so you can see the glittery fish (as with all my images, if you click on the picture it'll enlarge it so you can see the details):
 

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Club Anya & Friends - Saturday Sketch #14 : I have followed Pam's super sketch!
2. PaperPlay Challenges Week 14 - Shiny Happy People : I have added glitter to the fish, plus I have a 'shiny' metal charm and some 'shiny' SU Silver Elastic cord as fishing line!
3. Anya Ink Challenge #1 - Anything Goes
4. Totally Gorjuss Challenge #25 - Texture
5. Anyone for Anya? Challenge - Get in Shape  This was a recipe 'shape' challenge, so here goes ... I have used 3 squares (white card base, kraft matt, dark brown matt), 2 ovals (Kraft matt oval and image oval - I am not counting the scallop oval, as it is scalloped!), and one rectangle (the yellow/white DP behind my fishing 'net').
6. Magical Crafts Challenge 12 - Animal Antics
7. Stamptacular Sunday Challenge #54 - Spots and Dots : create a card or project using two pattern papers that have spots and/or dots.
8. Inky Impressions Challenge #33 - Charm It

Thanks so much for popping by - hope you have a super day!

Hugs,

27 comments:

  1. a fabulous card great details and lovely colouring.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so incredibly creative, just like all your cards! Love little Ian and his background and the net with the fish is such a FAB idea. Wonderful job :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure where all your brilliant ideas come from another fabulous card. Love the colours you have used for him and he is a cute little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW WOW WOW!! I love this!!! So stinkin cute.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Anya Ink.
    Kristy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love! Love the background to the image - so fab! Thanks for joining the Inky Impressions challenge. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I LOVE this, Simonne!!! Great details and your coloring is AMAZING!!! So super cute, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card! Love the little details and embellishments!!
    Hugs Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just darling! I love the whole scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card especially the way you have woven the fish through the netting. Good choice of papers to go with your theme too. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. your colouring here is fabulous! Love the boy stuff! That net is an awesome touch!! Love it!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Stamptacular!
    Hugs, Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another fab card, Simonne. Great colouring - and those Brook papers are gorgeous - love the colours.

    Thanks for entering my challenge (twice!) on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this guy Simonne! I have not colored mine yet, he is sooo cute and love all the details you've added on this card!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is really awesome. very talented

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is gorgeous Sem, love the adorable image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  15. My Goodness - this little guy just jumps off the page - tooo cute. Your colouring and detailing have a real WOW factor!
    Thanx for joining us at Anya Ink
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super CUTE card!!! I love the Ian image, he is just darling!!!

    thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions!!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! This is an awesome card! So much detail! It's perfect!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamptacular Sunday! ♥ Good luck on the challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh your card is fantastic! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous job on this! Thank you for playing along with the Anyone for Anya? challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sweet! Love that image and your coloring if beautiful! Love it! Thanks for playing along at Inky Impressions! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have just found your blog and I love this card you made!! Great background for him and just beautiful coloring!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Sem!! You never cease to amaze me with your stunning creations!! This is incredible!! I just love your coloring and all the textures and details. You rock girl!! Thanks for entering it into the Inky challenge this week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic creation, I love the image, your colouring is out of this world!!!

    Gorgeous!!!
    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x