Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Quixotic Challenge #23: How Distressing


Afternoon all!  It's my turn to set the theme for today's new challenge at Quixotic Challenges, and I have chosen DISTRESSING!

I decided to use my new Kraftin' Kimmie 'Victoria' stamp drawn by Crissy Armstrong (available HERE) this week - I love all the fairies Crissy has drawn for KK!  I inked up Victoria using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available HERE) and coloured her with Copics.  For my DP I chose one beautiful piece from the Basic Grey Green at Heart 6x6 paper pad (available HERE) and added some fab pink ribbon from the stash and tied a large bow using my Bow Easy template (available HERE). 

I then spent about an hour fiddling around with gems and flowers to stick in the bottom right corner, but nothing looked 'right'...so I ended up doing something risky that thankfully turned out well!  Bear in mind that at this point I'd coloured my image, added all the 'Crissy' dots and distressed the edge - then I decided to stamp the 'Butterfly Kisses' sentiment (which comes with the stamp) straight onto my already coloured image plate!  Yes, it was a huge risk as the stamp is grey rubber and so I had to guess where I was stamping...but it worked - PHEW!!!  LOL!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge #26 - Lots of flowers : My DP has lots of flowers, so I hope this still counts!
2. ASFOS Challenge 101 - 3D something : I have uesd 3D foam pads to pop up my image plate.
3. Papertake Weekly Challenge - Do Something Different : I have added dots around my image a-la Crissy Armstrong - a technique that I have never tried before but which is incredibly easy!  Crissy has a tutorial video for this technique HERE!
4. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge #80 - Distressing : I have distressed the edges of my DP and the image plate.
5. Magical Crafts Challenge #13 - Something for the Girls

Thanks for popping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Kraftin' Kimmie Victoria
COLOURING MEDIUM: Copics
PAPER: Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad 'Green at Heart'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore
EMBELLIES: Ribbon
TOOLS: PVA glue, 3D foam pads, paper trimmer, scissors, Tim Holtz paper distresser, Bow Easy

18 comments:

  1. I cannot get over how incredibly gorgeous your coloring is!!! Love the card, just the right amount of distressing :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous card. Lovely image beautifully coloured

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning - gorgeous colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card Sem, so love all Crissy's fairies too, you coloured her beautifully! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow Sem your card is so beautiful I love the image and your colouring is just perfect, gorgeous bow too thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunningly beautiful!! I love your amazing colouring! :)

    Hugs, Hege

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is gorgeous, what super stunning colourwork. The paper and colour combo is fabulous too
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHOA!! This is just absolutely stunning!! You've even outdone yourself with the coloring - utter perfections!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely! I love the bright vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so pretty! I love the image and how you colored her! Wonderful card.
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card Sem, gorgeous image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is gorgeous, what fantastic combination of colour.. love it.x

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS!!! Yes, your coloring is amazing, and that bow is fabulous!!! Love it, Simonne!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card I love it, fabby colours too
    Thank you for joining in at MCFC

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty card Sem with a lovely fairy image I love all your shading on the colouring. Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts.
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card, love those colours and the image is beautiful,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card. Love the colours you used and the image is great; awesome colouring! Big hugs Marley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunner! Your colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x