Thursday, 8 April 2010

Quixotic Challenge #20: The Joys of Spring


Good afternoon peeps! 

Sorry I'm a day late with my Quixotic Challenges DT card!  Silly me left it until Tuesday afternoon to finish my card, and by then I had developed a very rare but blinding headache that turned into a migraine.  Then yesterday was a right-off as we had to take our daughter for a consult with a spinal surgeon. 

After waiting around for most of the morning to have x-rays done, we were then told that she has mild lumbar scoliosis.  At the moment it's a score of 9 - when it's 10 intervention starts.  As she's only 8 yrs old at the moment, it's likely that she'll need intervention as she grows.  The spinal surgeon is going to monitor her closely, which is reassuring - at least she's in the system now.  It's highly likely that she's going to need a back brace in the future. She is also being referred to a pediatric neurologist. I know there are many worse things happening in the world and many people who are in worse situations, but suffice to say we are in a bit of a spin at the moment and trying to digest the news...

Anyway, back to Quixotic Challenges!  Elaine has chosen the theme for us this week, and she is challenging us to create a Spring themed card or project.

I used one of my 'Crissy's Cuties' Kraftin' Kimmie stamps, the beautiful Ophelia (avaiable from Quixotic HERE).  As always, I stamped the image using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad (available HERE) and coloured with Copics.  I used paper from my Basic Grey 6x6 Kioshi paper pad (available HERE). Unfortunately I don't own any Bazzill Jew Templates (Elaine stocks some beautiful ones HERE) so I just stuck some 4mm Clear Flatback Round Gems (available HERE) in my own swirl to represent the flight of the butterfly! And of course I used my Bow Easy Bow Tying Template (available HERE) to tie the purple organza bow!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Create 4 Fun Challenge 14 - Bev's Sketch  I have used the sketch in it's mirror-image
2. Daring Cardmakers - A Diamond for April
3. Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge #36 - Ribbons and Bows
4. C4C31 - Use Kraft CS as your base
5. Kraftin' Kimmie Challenge 23 - A Little Punchy!  I have used my MS border punch plus my Circle Nesties
6. The Pink Elephant #61 - Nature

Thanks so much for popping by - have a great day whatever you're up to!

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. These fairies are gorgeous I love the last one you did as well. As usual your colouring is magical. You keep tempting me to press here, here and here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is stunning. Your colouring is amazing.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow what a totally beautiful card - just fabulous colouring and stunning image- thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gorgeous, beautiful colours and fabulous image.
    I'm sure you DD with be fine especially has it been found out before intervention is needed, it means treatment can start immediately when its needed.
    Hugs to you all.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW this is just STUNNING!! love it! your coloours your image and your colouring, just beautiful!!
    Thanks for joining SFTW!
    Hugs Di xxx
    p.s. i have a Dt call over on my blog if your interested! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Sem:O) Love the beautiful image, fab colouring. That colour combo is wonderful, pretty design.
    Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
    Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x