This morning I'd like to share with you my DT card for our brand new challenge (#13) over at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's Karen's turn to set the challenge this fortnight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Purple - go crazy or just add a touch'. As you can see, I have added just a touch with my lilac ribbon and button!
I need to make a whole stack of Easter cards, so I decided to go down the very 'clean and simple' route and design a card that I can duplicate fairly quickly and will work using any combo of plain cardstock. I followed the fab sketch 57 over at Card Patterns and used my 'Hoppy Easter Fhiona' stamp set. The stamp set comes with 3 small egg stamps, and so I inked these up with my new SU Whisper White ink and stamped them randomly over the aqua cardstock. I also did some faux stitching by using a paper piercer to pierce holes and then drew between them with a white pen to create 'stitches'.
1. Card Patterns Sketch 57
2. Embellish Magazine - Colour Challenge with Stitching (light aqua, kraft, light pink) - YNS is sponsoring this challenge, so get yourself on over there and you could win some YNS stamps!
3. Totally Papercrafts Challenge 9 - Pink and Green
4. Colour Create Challenge 41 - Your Choice of Pastels
5. Paperplay Week 12 - Easter
6. Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge 35 - Easter
7. Daring Cardmakers - How Egg-Citing I hand stamped the eggs in white ink onto the green card
8. Stamp Something - Doodle Something I've 'doodled' the faux stitching
9. The Pink Elephant Challenge 60 - Pastels
Thanks for dropping by! I'll be back later with my first Quixotic Challenges card!
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Hoppy Easter Fhiona'
INK: SU Whisper White stampin' pad, Versamagic Dew Drops 'Sahara Sand' and 'Spring Pansy'
COLOURING MEDIUM: Whispers Brush Pens
CARD: SU - Pretty in Pink, Sage Shadow and Kraft
EMBELLISHMENTS: Buttons & Ribbon from stash, Inkssentials White Opaque pen
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, SU Mat Pack & Paper-Piercing Tool, Oval Nesties