Thursday, 18 March 2010

YNS Challenge 12: Distressing

Hello everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you my DT card for our brand new challenge over at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's YNS Starlet Cabio's turn to set the challenge this fortnight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Distressing'.

For my challenge card, I decided to use my 'Cupcake Cutie Fhiona' stamp, and carried out 3 types of distressing: 1. Sanding the Core'dinations Colorcore pink cardstock, 2. Using my Edge Distresser to rough up the edges of the DP, and 3. Using a Versamagic Dew Drop ink pad to ink around the edges of both the DP and the image!

I followed the fab sketch over at Sketch & Stash Challenge, but turned it 90 degrees to the left (and omitted the sentiment - hope that's okay?). My new stash is my uninked-until-today stamp!


Karen is holding a huge sale over at Your Next Stamp right now!!  15% off all stamps!! So get yourself over there toot-sweet to nab a bargain!  Be quick, as the sale ends on Sunday evening (21st March).
Finally, I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Sketch & Stash Challenge #31 - Sketch
2. TPE Challenge #58 - Spring
3. Simon Says Stamp - A Splash of Green (the main colour of my DP is green, so I hope this counts!)

Have a great day!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Cupcake Cutie Fhiona'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics
PAPER: We R Memory Keepers 'Tiffany's' 6x6 Paper Pad
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 Colourcore
EMBELLSHMENTS: 4mm pearls, grosgrain ribbon, flower charm, Versamagic Dew Drop, spacers, BG brads

16 comments:

  1. Stunning as always. I love the vibrant pink and green you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word Sem this is BEAUTIFUL!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE these colors and that sweetest image...WOW girl your coloring is STUNNING!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Simonne!!! I too LOVE your coloring, and that dp and border are beautiful! Gorgeous card, girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Sem and I just love what you did with my sketch!
    Thanks for joining in with Sketch & Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally gorgeous card. Love that colour scheme . Thanks for playing along with our Spring theme at The Pink Elephant. Just love your entry.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so cute - love the colours, they are so cheerful
    Hugs Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is so adorable Sem, gorgeous card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow, so sweet, love the pretty colours! have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch and Stash!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours Simonne! They are perfect for Cupcake Cutie Fhiona which by the way you have coloured beautifully!! I love it!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Sem :-) The image is adorable and the papers and embellies are lovely :-)

    thanks for joining the Sketch and Stash and Simon Says Stamp Challenges :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card Sem, love the paper & colors! Thanks for joining us this week in our Spring Theme challenge over at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! I love the colours and your punched details and your colouring is fabulous! thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp, hugs, Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x