Friday, 26 March 2010

Whimsy DT: Spring Stepping


Happy Friday everyone!

It's my turn to post over at the Whimsy Inspirations Blog today, so I've made a brand new card to blog there and here!  I have used the gorgeous 'Spring Stepping' stamp set from the Crissy Armstrong Collection for Whimsy, which was part of our brand new release (2 weeks ago)!

This wonderful stamp set comes with 2 sentiments and a beautiful leaf flourish stamp:


I had lots of fun colouring this beautiful image and decorating the image plate!  First I punched out the corners using my MS Arch Lattice BP, then I used my Aloe Vera Versamagic dewdrop to ink around the edges, and finally I inked up the leaf flourish stamp in the same ink and stamped around the edges!  I used my indispensible Bow Easy from Quixotic Paperie to tie my ribbon into the perfect bow, and my SU oval punches to punch out the sentiment (my fave SU purchase, LOL!), popped on some turquoise gems and it was finished!  And just to let you know that you can buy Whimsy Stamps from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie who has all the new releases either in stock or to pre-order!

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Pollycraft Monday Challenge 36 - Sparkly Things  The blue circles on my DP are glittered.
2. Allsorts Week 44 - Spring is in the Air
3. Crazy 4 Challenges C4C29 - Spring
4. One Stop Challenge 72 - Let it Shine  Whimsy Stamps are sponsoring this challenge this week with a $15 gift certificate!
5. Totally Gorgeous Challenge 22 - Ribbon
6. Sweet Stampin' Challenge 18 - Spring is in the Air  I've used my SU oval punches
7. Pile it On Challenge 11 - Furry Friends
8. Simon Says Challenge - Easter or Spring with some Glimmer  The blue circles on my DP are glittered.
9. Cute Card Thursday Challenge 105 - Dimensions 

Thanks for dropping by!  I'll be back tomorrow with my Sketch Saturday DT card!

[Is anyone else in the UK watching "Married Single Other"?  I've been crying buckets for the last 2 episodes!]

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Stamps 'Spring Stepping'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics (E47 E71 C-7 C-5 C-3 G99 YG67 YG03 YG00 BG09 BG15 BG01 E31 Y11 Y15 0)
PAPER: MME 12x12 Speciality Glittered Deena's Penny Lane
CARD: Coredinations 12x12 Colorcore 'French Roast'
EMBELLIES: Versamagic Dew Drops GD-52 Jumbo Java and GD-80 Aloe Vera, Satin Ribbon, 4mm turquoise gems
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Bow Easy, MS Arch Lattice BP, SU Oval punches

24 comments:

  1. Wowzers!!! Simonne! You have captured the light perfectly in your amazing colouring. This is STUNNING! The carousel horse looks 3d! Such a beautiful colour combo too. Awesome work hunni.
    Thanks for joining us at the OSCC.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW gorgeous card Sem and so adorable.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card ~ fab colouring xx lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. beauty!!!!!!!!!

    good painting

    anneke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining Sweet stampin this week.
    Fab and the colouring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job!!! Love the colors and your use of punches, and your coloring is stunning as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem, this is just stunning girl!! :) I left you some love on the Whimsy blog post!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful as always.Superb colouring,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at TG.
    Love Sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. FAbulous card, SemSee and I just wanted to say huge congrats on you DT spot for Quixotic - one of my fav sites and love your blog, so I have a two for one!! OMG, Married Single Other is just too sad, I cried too - hope it's good news on Monday!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Simone
    WOW WOW WOW - simply stunning.
    Your colouring is absolutely fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, such gorgeous colours.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Simonne! OMG i couldn't stop crying at the last Married Single Other, How sad : (

    thank you for joining us again this week (for your second card) at Sweet Stampin & pollycrafts, I hope you will join us again soon
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours and as always your colouring is stunning!!
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW, Simonne!!! This is STUNNING!!! Oh how I wish I had your coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image, and I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks amazing, I love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc.
    Hugs Shelley xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. beautiful!! Love the sentiment! your colouring of the image is just gorgeous!!! and I love your whole colour combo, gorgeous card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card, you have coloured it wonderfully :-)
    Hugs
    Tasha
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful. Love your colour combo and that ribbon is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow Sem, so love this, very pretty! many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooo this is so pretty, the image, the embellies, the papers, everything is perfect :)

    thanks so much for joining in with this weeks challenge over at Simon Says Challenge :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  23. nice card. Love the carousel horse.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x