Saturday, 27 March 2010

Sketch Saturday #96 Hippie Anya .. and some exciting news!

Hey everyone!

First I've got some fabulous and exciting news to share with you - I am now on the Quixotic Paperie DT!!  WOOOO-HOOOOO!!  You could have knocked me down with a feather when Elaine invited me to join herself, Judy Laing, Kim Dellow and Rowena Barnard.  Flippin' 'eck - the amount of talent these girls have is amazing!  I feel slightly out of my depth but at the same time so, so honoured and elated to have been asked!  So a huge THANK YOU to Elaine and a special shout-out to my new DT sistahs!!

Okay, so...Sketch Saturday!  We have another of Jo's amazing sketches (how does she do it week after week?) and this week we are being sponsored by The Craft Barn:


The first thing that popped into my head when I looked at this scrummy sketch was ... what a perfect sketch to use up some scraps!  So I used scraps from my Basic Grey June Bug 6x6 paper pad (available from Quixotic Paperie) and the patterns and colours immediately screamed 'Hippie Anya'!!  I have to confess that I hadn't inked this stamp until I made this card ... *blush*!  Hippie Anya is a limited edition stamp that is no longer available to buy from The Greeting Farm, BUT...you can grab it NOW from Quixotic Paperie - but be quick as when stock runs out it won't be replaced as only a certain number were manufactured!


I stamped Hippie Anya in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and coloured her with my Copics Ciaos.  I sanded the Core'dinations Colorcore card quite heavily to achieve the look of denim.  I added three tiny red Primas (love these) and hand-punched flowers adorned with 5mm flat-back gems (available here from Quixotic Paperie), plus a couple of strips of thin navy ribbon at the bottom. I used my Woodware daisy punch to punch out a red, yellow, orange and green flower, then stuck them together in the same way I'd coloured Hippie Anya's hair flower.  I printed out a sentiment on my PC using a 1970s font and then stuck this and my multi-coloured flower onto a large Prima flower I found in my stash:


Happily, this card fits a few challenges:

1. Roses on Paper Challenge 34 - Punch It (I have used my MS Scallop Dot BP and my Woodware Daisy punch)
2. Creative Card Crew Challenge 46 - Going Dotty
3. Cute Card Thursday Challenge 105 - Dimensions
4. Anya Ink - Bling
5. TGF Farm Fresh Friday - Colour Challenge

Thanks for popping by, and I hope you all have a FAB weekend!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: The Greeting Farm 'Hippie Anya' (Ltd Ed)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black full size ink pad
COLOURING MEDIA: Copics (R29 R20 R00 G14 YG11 B39 B29 B24 B00 YR04 YR00 Y08 Y04 Y02 Y00 Y21 YR23 Y15 0)
PAPER: Basic Grey 6x6 paper pad 'June Bug'
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore I040 Black Iris
EMBELLIES: Navy ribbon, Prima flowers, Blue button, 5mm gems, Versamagic Dew Drops GD-11 Mango Madness and GD-12 Red Magic
TOOLS: Scissors, Paper Trimmer, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Circle Nesties, MS Scallop Dot BP, Woodware Daisy punch, X-cuit retro flower punch, Sander

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous colourful Hippie card Sem :)) Congrats for the Quixotic Paperie. Elaine and all the team are fantstic! I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Thanks for joining us at ROP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sem Congratulations on being requested to join the Quixotic Paperie design team. I did actually notice you named yesterday . I don't know why you should feel out of your depth your cards are all amazing. Your latest card is superb yet again. You have such an eye for colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, wow, wow CONGRATULATIONS on making the QP DT Sem, you so deserve it... your cards are absolutey stunning and i hope you do really well!!!

    Gorgeoyus card btw, the colours are gorgeous and i love the flower you've created. Fab colouring too..

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW girl this card is SOOOO AWESOME and soooo hip!!!! I LOVE how you used this paper and those buttons look GREAT!!!! WOOOOOHOOOOOO girl HUGE CONGRATS on your new DT spot that is such exciting news and soooooooooo deserved sweetie!!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fabulous Sem, love colours and not forgetting the sweet groovy image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Simonne!!! That is awesome news! Your card is so cute and fun! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous card Simonne beautifully coloured. congrats on the new DT spot well deserved. hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations on your new DT post, so well deserved, love this cute card, such a sweet image and love the papers you have matched her to! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the DT :) I'm looking forward to working with you :) Kx

    ReplyDelete
  10. HIya Sem....wohooo congratulations sweetie with you being a DT for Quixotic wow...I am very happy for ya sweetie...and must say you're card is absolutely stunning again..wonderfull colors and you're image is georgous sweetie. Hugs and thanks for sharing Terry xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x