Saturday, 20 March 2010

Sketch Saturday #95: Kraftin Kimmie 'Bird Fairy'

Hey everyone!

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another of Jo's fabulous sketches:



This week we are being sponsored by Nikki from Bunny Zoe Crafts who has donated one of the brand new Kraftin' Kimmie stamps called 'Angry Ballerina' (my fave from the new KK release!) plus a wonderful selection of mixed pins.

So for my DT card, predictably I've used a KK stamp!  Now, I don't own 'Angry Ballerina' (...yet, LOL!), but I have been waiting to use the beautiful 'Bird Fairy' stamp (from the pen of the fabulous Crissy Armstrong) ever since I bought it from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie when it was first released!!


I took the plunge and cracked open my Basic Grey Origins 6x6 paper pad for this card (LOL!), inking around all the edges with my Versamagic 'Jumbo Java' dew drop ink pad for a softer look.   Because the papers are so gorgeous, I didn't feel the need to add any embellishments apart from a solitary flower - a lemon-coloured rose threaded through a Prima E Line White Hydrangea (edge inked with Versamagic 'Aloe Vera' dew drop pad).  I coloured this beautiful image using Copic Ciaos (I now have sets 36A, 36B and 36C!) and used my Labels 1 Nesties to cut out my image plate, again inking around the edge with my 'Aloe Vera' dew drop pad.

It was SUCH a difficult task to photograph this card and show the true colours well!!  My PC monitor is showing the fairy's hair as being quite 'ginger', when in fact it's a softer brown tone IRL!  But perhaps it will show better on your monitor, LOL!

Happily, this card fits a few challenges, so I'd like to enter it into the following:

1. Cupcake Craft Challenge 82 - Going Green
2. Incy Wincy Designs Challenge 34 - Green
3. Ooh-la-la-Creations Challenge 49 - Anything Goes
4. The Pink Elephant Challenge 58 - Spring
5. Creative Inspirations Challenge 52 - White, Yellow & Green
6. Simon Says Stamp Challenge - A Splash of Green
7. Daring Cardmakers - Tweetie Pie (use bird/s)
8. Crazy 4 Challenge C4C29 - Spring
9. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge 75 - Spring has Sprung
10. Sweet Stampin Challenge 18 - Spring is in the Air...

Well, I think that's about it from me!

Thanks for dropping by, and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

31 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Sem, love your colouring, it's perfect
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW this is stunning.. I luv it! fab image, coloured in so beautifully & luv your choice of colours ... lush! xx lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and image its beautiful and your colouring is perfect I hope I can get as good with practice

    thank you for sharing with us at ooh la la I do hope you join in again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Sem...wowhooo wow you're card is absolutely fabulous sweetie and for so many challenges...I just love you're image wow..she is georgous...
    Hope you will have a fab weekend sweetie. Hugs Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning image and a beautiful card. Thanks for joining in with DCM this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! what a stunning card, you're colouring is superb Sem *claps*

    Have a fab weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow this is stunning love the image. Thanks for joining us this week at creative inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, such a gorgeous image

    Thanks for playing along at Sweet Stampin this week

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow!! This is totally fabulous!! I have seen this image before but never so beautifully colored. You really have brought her to life. Love the combination of DP patterns too. Wonderful job on the color challenge. So happy you could have some fun with us this week at Creative Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Sem this looks amazing, I LOVE that image and colored soooo perfectly!!! That dp is just gorgeous!! What a great card sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your colouring is superb as usual. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow so cool.
    ann xxx
    TPE

    ReplyDelete
  14. stunning card.......your colouring is amazing!!!....thanks for joining Sweet Stampin!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing! Your coloring in that beautiful image is amazing and that paper matches her so beautiful.

    Thanks for playing with Cupcake Craft this week!

    Hugs,
    Kathrin aka Kruemel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This card is fabulous!! Love your fairy image is colored so beautifully...Love the rich, vibrant colors paired with the fantastic Origins paper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOH, this is so gorgeous, Simonne!!! Your coloring looks amazing, and that dp is fabulous : ) Thank you so much for letting me know how to copy and paste from random.org! You are such a techy genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stuning card and a awesome colouring. Thanks for joining Sweet Stampin this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is really pretty!! I love the image and your colouring is SO PERFECT!!! Hope all is well with you!!! THANKS for joining us at Simon Says Stamp this week!!!
    Chris & the DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Love the colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh you did great with the colouring on her and I love how you have her hair and feet coming off the frame! Gorgeous work!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I meant to add, thanks for the kind link up in your post! Hugs!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful :)

    Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. How absolutely stunning!!! Everything about this card is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very pretty Sem, love the color combo! Thanks for joining us this week in our Spring Theme challenge over at TPE!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very pretty card Sem! Love your colouring, it is so pretty!

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  27. Utterly gorgeous! Bird Fairy is one of my favourites, and you've coloured her so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card and Gorgeous image! This is simply beautiful! Happy Spring to you! Thank you for joining this weeks "Sweet Stampin" challenge! Look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous crafty work in the future!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
    Hop on over and enter in my candy give away! The more entires the better the candy gets and the more it expands!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is gorgeous honey, i love the image and sweet papers a fab take on the colour combo at Creative Inspirations, big hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hiya Hun, wow just stunning, beautifully coloured as always and the backing papers are perfect!
    thank you for joining us this wek at Sweet Stampin, hope you will join us again soon
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x