This week over at Sketch Saturday it's Maya's turn to set the sketch, and what a FAB sketch she has given us! If you join in this week you could win a Hanglar & Stanglar stamp - yes, that's right, you could win this cutie in rubbah:
For this week's DT card I used my gorgeous Whimsy "Water Lily" stamp, part of the brand new Whimsy Mythical Collection of stamps. Whimsy Stamps has a Winter Clearance Sale going on at the moment until the end of March (or while supplies last). So make sure you hop on over to the store now to save 20% on selected winter-themed products (no coupon codes necessary, discount prices are already marked!). Oh, and you'll also be extremely happy to know that Whimsy now stocks Prima mulberry paper roses, bling, charms and cherry blossoms too - yay!!
I added some 'Icicle' Stickles to both Lily's wings and the 'water' dripping out of her watering can, plus I paper-pieced her dress (adding some shading with Copics). I spent quite a while fiddling with a whole host of different embellishments to adorn the top-right corner. In the end I settled on using a hand-punched flower, colouring it with Copics so it would match the colouring of Lily's flower, then I popped a brad and spacer (Elaine at Quixotic Paperie now stocks these fab spacers - yay!) through the middle and finished with some punched leaves.I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
1. Cupcake Craft Challenge ... Challenge 80 Round and Round : They would like to see lots of circles on our cards and projects this week, so I hope my dotty DP, round pearls and circle nesties count!
2. Papertake Weekly ... Buttons, Bows, Brads & Bling : We can use any combination of these embellishments on our cards - just one or if you are feeling brave, all 4!! I have used a 'bow' and a 'brad' and perhaps my half-back pearls and/or Stickles glitter may count as 'bling' also?
3. ABC Challenge ... P is for Paper Piecing : My FAVE technique in the whole world, LOL! I have paper-pieced Lily's dress!
4. Quixotic Challenges ... Challenge 16 Leave it Out : This week Kim has asked for us to use leaves in some way on our card/projects. There are leaves on one of the pieces of DP, plus I have punched leaves adorning the top right corner along with my punched flower!
5. Simon Says Stamp ... Mother's Day / Girly : They want to see a feminine card this week, and I hope Water Lily fits to bill! I'm toying with the idea of giving this to my mum for Mother's Day, or I may 'offer' it to our dd to give to me, hee hee!!!6. Lorraine's Loft ... SSS sponsored fortnightly candy : As I'm entering the SSS challenge this week, I'm also eleigible to enter Lol's candy draw too! :o)
7. BasicGrey Challenges ... Week 15 Photo Inspiration : They have a gorgeous photo for this week's inspiration, and I see from a couple of the DT's cards that they have also used BG Wisteria paper like me!
8. Crazy 4 Challenges ... C4C27 Paper Piecing : I have paper pieced Lily's dress.
9. Totally Gorjuss ... Challenge 20 It's a sketch : Co-incidentally their sketch is almost identical to our SS sketch for this week!! LOL!
Thanks for popping by - have a great weekend!