Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Quixotic Challenge #19: CASE it!



'Ello 'ello again!  It's Wednesday afternoon and so time for a brand new challenge at Quixotic Challenges (and my first as a member of the DT!). Rowena has chosen the theme for us this week, and she is challenging us to CASE one of the DT's work or style.  Can you guess who I've cased?  Yep, that's right it's the boss lady herself, the super-uber-talented Elaine!  I chose to CASE one of Elaine's cards which you can see on her blog HERE (although I did change it up slightly to suit the materials and tools I have!).


I used my brand new Kraftin Kimmie Angry Ballerina stamp (available HERE), stamped using my Memento Tuxedo Blank ink pad (available HERE) and coloured with Copics.  For the pink and black paper I used 2 pieces from the new Fancy Pants Collection 'About a Girl' (available HERE).  The spotty ribbon is actually sheer white and then laid over a piece of black paper for contrast.  And of course I used my Bow Easy Bow Tying Template (available HERE) to tie the pink satin bow!  I don't have any pins (eek!) but I managed to find this wire thingy and a single heart bead to thread through it to look like a pin ... sorta, LOL!  Elaine has loads of pins HERE at Quixotic Paperie, so I'll be adding some to my next order for sure!

So here's Elaine's FAB Angry Ballerina card:


And here's my CASE-ed effort:


If you do join in with our challenge this week and choose to CASE one of my cards or indeed my general 'style' then (apart from be mega-flattered!) I would love you to pop back here and leave a comment so I can pop on over to your blog and leave you some love!

Thanks so much for poppting by! Have a great day!

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Wow this is another amazing creation. She is adorable .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sem this is GORGEOUS sweetie, what a GREAT design........LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image I can just imagine what she would say
    ' I can not believe you got me in this outfit'
    Or
    ' I may be wearing it but I am NOT happy about it' lol

    Great cards as always hun

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just darling! I crack up everytime I see this image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, WOW, WOW, Simonne!!! I just can't get over your GORGEOUS coloring!!! This is just too stinkin' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is totally perfect! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hiya hunny! Congratulations !!!!

    gorgeous card, love the d/p

    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous card Sem :-) I love the image and fabulous CASE'ing :-) I love the papers and the ribbon,, lovely :-)

    Congratulations ! :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I chose your card to CASE for this week's Quixotic Challenge. I love how simple it is - perfect for the guy card I had to make.

    What an adorable image! I think I need it ;-)

    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x