Monday, 22 March 2010

Quixotic Challenge #17: Altered Anya ... The Red Queen


Hey everyone!

Today I'd like to share with you the card I have just finished for the current Quixotic Challenge (#17) which is to alter one or more of your TGF stamps.  As regular readers of my blog know, Miss Anyas are my all-time favourite TGF stamps, so I just had to alter her!  I've been an admirer of Amy Young's awesome talent for a long time, and so I decided to take the plunge and go the whole hog and alter Miss Anya into The Red Queen from Alice in Wonderland!

My inspiration was taken from the character that Helena Bonham Carter plays in Tim Burton's Disney big screen version of Lewis Carroll's novel, and so I used one of the Miss Anyas from the very 1st Miss Anya collection:



After inking up Miss Anya, I wiped away everything apart from her hair.  I stamped this, then used my light box and a pre-stamped image to 'trace' the outline of her shoulders and arms.  I then used a black fineliner to draw the rest freehand, and finally coloured her using Copics:


I added some very dark red gems to the points of the nestie and used my Bow Easy to tie the black satin ribbon bow!  It was really difficult to photograph this - the red is actually more a pinky red, but try as I might I can't edit the pics to show the real colours, grrr!  Also the black/cream DP is from the MME Lush range and is actually flocked ... mmmmm!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

1. Quixotic Paperie Challenge 17
2. I love Anya Ink Challenge - Bling (I have added dark red gems to the 'points' of the nestie!
3. Totally Gorjuss Challenge 22 - Ribbon

Would love to know what you think!!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,

29 comments:

  1. An amazing card. Thank you for joining us at TG
    Love sarah XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just completely amazing! My mouth has just dropped open in awe! Totally love it! WOW! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am lost for words. It certainly is an amazing card. Your colouring is exquisite as always. I just don't know where you get you ideas from. Fabulous. Good luck with the special challenge on Quixotic

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! Stunning card, what a fantastic idea, she is going to be in demand!! Beautiful colours too,
    angela x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've certainly gone to town with the altered theme!! Amazing job and so creative!! Love it!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word Sem this is absolutely AWESOME!!!!! WOW soooo creative girl you ROCK!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wauw, this is stunning,
    well done,
    love the card and how you changed the image
    groetjes andrea

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGoh this is sooooo clever Sem what an amazing idea!!! Wow.... she look aeswome!!! Love the papers too.... the colours are so safisticated :D

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally genius! Seriously! Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just SO awesome. Love, love, love it.

    I had been pondering the Red Queen, after my Mad Hatter card, but this is just so perfect I think I'll give up. ;)

    And check out that awesome bow too - gotta love the Bow-Easy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sem this is just beyond AWESOME!!! I really can't express how AMAZING I think it is!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!

    Paula xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's awesome!

    Thanks for playing Gorjuss with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is amazing! How clever you are. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh wow! this is just amazing, so love it Sem, very creative of you, I wouldn't have known where to start! you can barely recognise the original, this should be a stamp in it's own right! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG girl you have done an awesome job. This is just stunning. OMG that is all I can say.Thanks for joining the bling challenge at Anya Ink
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sem....this is totally amazing, I didn't even recognise that it was an Anya stamp....I so want to buy it...LOL
    Hugs
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW this is amazing, brilliant work Sem.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously!!! You can draw too!!! Your talents have no end, Simonne! Gorgeous card as always!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great card! Thanks for playing along with TG this week. Hugs, Squirrel x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow. A fantastic card. Thanks for sharing how you altered Anya.
    Love the papers and the colours.
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  22. An absolutely stunning card, I love the colour combination of red and black!

    Heather x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have made a modification excellent ...
    I am very impressed
    It certainly is an amazing card.
    Hugs from Venezuela

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card.. Thanks for playing along at TG this week…Debs

    ReplyDelete
  25. I absoloutely love this card -that altered anya is fabulous.
    I went to see the film last week it was amazing - and this card just brought it all back! Youa re very talented
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so beautiful!! I just love your coloring and your color combo! You are so talented Simonne!! Love how you altered the image!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi!this is so so *lovely* and just fab how you have changed the image.
    Love your cards!
    Thanks for your lovely comment,the Swirl Flourish (X1321C) is a Magnolia stamp from-http://www.sirstampalot.co.uk and the stitching is Kelly Panacci-Borders(KPSTP4)clear stamp set from The Craft Barn.
    Take care, hugs Lou.xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. wow this us utterly amazing and gorgeous!! Firstly it is so striking, and I am loving the colour combo!! And I love how you have alterd Anya...wow that is amazing, what talent you have! stunning result!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  29. Simonne, this is absolutely incredible! You really are very talented! You have captured the essence of the photo amazingly!! Woweee!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x