Monday, 15 February 2010

YNS New Stamps Release Day!


Good morning everyone!

Today is an exciting day for Your Next Stamp as we are releasing some scrummy new stamps - 4 new fun Franfrou Animal stamps and a new range of Fhiona's 'Pets & Treats!

Instead of holding a blog hop for this new release, Karen is running a little contest on her blog.  So make sure you hop on over to http://yournextstamp.blogspot.com/ to be in with the chance to win $20 in YNS stamp bucks!

For my new release creations, I have made 2 cards using 2 of the Franfrou Animal images.  For my first card, I used this cute Henrietta the Hippo stamp. I know Hippos are grey, but I really wanted to make a zingy springy card, and so Henrietta became a pink hippo on her way to the beach for a day of sunbathing, paddling and fun! I've had this (unused ... *blush*!) Doodlebug 'Tutti Frutti' 12x12 paper for ages, and when I was rifling through my papers, the colours immediately jumped out at me! I spent ages unsuccessfully trying to find a 2nd contrasting paper to use, but then I happened across this fab really wide lime polka dot ribbon in my scrap bucket - perfect!!


For my second card, I used this fun Vacation Don stamp and took my colour palette from the fab Teresa Collins 'Boardwalk' range of papers:



Happily, this was one of those cards that evolved on its own (love it when that happens), so not much 'pondering time' required, LOL! I added the black and white pearls to echo the 'ying yang' symbol on the surfboard of the DP, plus coloured my bear's surfboard yellow/blue to match one of the other surfboards of the DP.  I found some great black ribbon in my scraps bucket that has a flower motif 'embossed' onto it, which you can just about see in this pic:


I'd like to enter my Henrietta the Hippo card into the following challenges:

1. ABC Challenge ... N is for New : I've used my brand new release stamp!
2. Sweet Sketch Wednesday ... Sweet Sketch #36 : I followed this great sketch (minus the sentiment) for my Hippo card!
3. Our Creative Corner ... Something Old that's NEW : They'd like us to use something that we purchased ages ago but never got around to using - I bought the Doodlebug DP (used on my Hippo card) when it was first released and never used it before now!
4. Pile it On ... Challenge #6 Let us see Flowers : I've added hand-punched flowers to my Hippo card (not to mention my flowery DP!).

Be sure to check out all the other YNS Starlets blogs today (links are in my sidebar ---->), as we are all showcasing different stamps from the new release, and I can promise you won't be disappointed!
Have a great day everyone!

Ooh, and Karen is giving away a FREE Stamp or Stamp Set of your choice with all orders of $60 or more!! So hurry along to the YOUR NEXT STAMP online store because this offer ends at midnight (EST) on 17th February!

I'll be back on Wednesday with my Whimsy Stamps new release blog hop creation, plus a new YNS Challenge!  Phew, it's all go this week, LOL!

Hugs,

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards ~ fab images & colour combos on both ~ great layouts too xx lizzy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us this week at SSW. Your cards are darling! Your coloring, embellishment, and take on the sketch is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sem, These cards are so cute!!! They made me chuckle beacuase they are such cute images. COlored wonderfully!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sem these are FABULOUS creations, awwwww love these images soooooo cute!! The first card I LOVE those colors sooo fun, cheery and BEAUTIFUL!!! Your second one is such a great design and fun!!!!! You rock showcasing these new images!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute cards!! Thank you so much for sharing them us with us at SSW this week!!
    Sheri-SSW DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joing us at sweet sketch wednesday. Your cards are so adorable. Love your fun images and added embelishements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both fantastic cards but I do love Henrietta the most. Hope she doesn't get burnt in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful

    Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simonne, these are so cute. Love the hot pink on Hippo and the surfboards are great add ons on Don's card. Your little details are all wonderful :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful cards Simonne hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards are darling. The hippo is really cute. Thanks for playing at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your cards are wonderful! I love all of the detail and beautiful embelishments. Thanks for joining us at SSW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now how cute is that hippo!? Got her little boom box, dancing away - too cute! Both cards are done so nicely! Thanks for playing along with us at SSW.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your cards Simonne! That hippo just makes me laugh and she looks so darn cute all pink! Love your layouts and the dp you chose for both totally rock!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two totally terrific cards! I love those happy images and the paper you've been hoarding is absolutely perfect for that first card!! Glad to see you were able to give some love to your older paper! So happy you could join in the fun with us at Our Creative Corner and Pile it On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. what fun cards. Love the use of all of your elements! Thanks for joining us this week at SSW. Hope to see you again.
    KymKreates

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super sweet card using this weeks sketch, beautifully done! Thanks for joining in the fun at SSW :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic cards! Great job on the challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x