Wednesday, 3 February 2010

YNS Challenge 9: Use a Charm!

Hello everyone!

Today we have a brand new challenge for you over at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's YNS Starlet Maureen's turn to set the challenge this fortnight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Use a Charm'.

I'd also like to say a big welcome to our February Guest Starlet, Suzie. She has made a beautiful card for today's challenge - thank you Suzie, we're so happy to have you!

For my challenge card, I decided to use my 'Prince Charming' stamp (the set also comes with 2 sentiments - I've used one on my card - and 2 accessory stamps):


I decided to try something new with this card - using white card instead of a 2nd coloured card as a 'border'.  I've seen this done many times around blogland, and really love the clean, simple look that it gives, but I don't think I've been particularly successful, LOL! I think I need to stick with 'my style'! :o)

Also, for the very first time I used cardstock as the background DP, embossing it with my Swiss Dots CB folder.  Again, I'm not sure it's 'me'! ;o)


I have a rather embarassingly small supply of charms (a bag of hearts, a bag of strawberries, and a few random charms my blogging buddies have been kind enough to send me), so I've just rectified that situation by ordering a few different charms from Elaine at Quixotic Paperie!  (And of course a few TGF stamps just had to fall into my basket, LOL!).

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. The Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge Blog ... SSS41 : I've followed their fab sketch!
2. BasicGrey Challenges ... Week 12 Animals : My blue DP is called 'Sencha' and is from the BG Marrakech 6x6 paper pad.
3. Cupcake Craft Challenge ... Challenge 74 Four legged & Furry : Okay, so horses aren't exactly 'furry' but they are four-legged animals, LOL!
4. Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge ... Challenge 68 Hearts : I have used my MS border heart border punch!

Have a great day!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Your Next Stamp 'Prince Charming'
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos (E00 E21 E33 E35 E37 B05 B00 100 C-7 C-5 C-3 C-1)
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Marrakech' 6x6 paper pad
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 Colourcore (BB020 and FB040); basic white card
EMBELLSHMENTS: 4mm and 5mm white pearls (coloured with Copics), white grosgrain ribbon, black satin ribbon, heart charm, Versamagic Dew Drop

20 comments:

  1. I think this card is clean and crisp looking Simonne and I think you have definitely achieved what you set out to so stop being so hard on yourself missus ! lol
    It's super
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, what a stunning card,
    love your night
    it could be a card for a girl but also for a boy(birthday)
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sem oh my this is fabulous!!! LOVE LOVE this image and these fantastic colors!!!! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beautiful card suitable for a boy or girl. Love the colours. I must stop visiting Quixotic Paperie as half Elaines stock falls into my basket

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Simonne, what a perfect card for our challenge! The image is so cute and your papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Simone and beautifully coloured! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake & SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the style of your card Simonne, its perfect!! Great choice of colours and as always your colouring is stunning!!
    Have to admit I'm a bit of a charm addict and have so many stashed to use "one day"??
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simonne, your coloring ROCKS! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Simonne! It's hard moving away from a personal style and I think you did a fabulous job! Your colours are wonderful and your colouring - WOW!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. A delightful layout design and the sentiment is so perfect for the image during this love month. That charm is so swee Simonne!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card! Love the image and the colours! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, lovely colours and great image

    Mel X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Sem, beautifully coloured and the sentimemt is just wonderful!
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Never seen this image before. Thanks for joining The Sweet Stop. Hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card Sem, love the beautifully coloured fabulous image and your colours and papers are awesome.....beautiful details.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. great choice of colours to go with the image

    Fab to see you at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week.
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card, love that colour combination, have a great weekend, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous work and a great design. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x