Wednesday, 17 February 2010

YNS Challenge 10 meets Sketch Saturday 90 (DT cards)

Hello everyone!

Today we have a brand new challenge for you over at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's YNS Starlet Angela's turn to set the challenge this fortnight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Spring Colours'.

For my challenge card, I decided to use my Dancing Princess stamp and MME papers, as they matched perfectly with the flower design on her underskirt!



Sorry this is short, but we are having terrible trouble with our internet connection at the moment - it keeps dropping every 5 secs - eek!  So I'm keeping the chat to a minimum, and hoping this will actually publish, LOL!  Also, our PC screen has now suddenly developed a pinkish tint, so I have no idea whether what I see is what you see - apologies if the colours of my card are weird!!
This is also my Sketch Saturday DT card for this week's challenge (#90).  Simon Says Stamp is sponsoring us and one lucky winner will receive a $25 gift certificate to spend in their fab store!  I know I'm a few days late, but we've had a very ill household since Friday, and with a sick hubby and daughter to look after, my crafting time has had to take a back seat!  Here's this week's GREAT Sketch Saturday sketch:


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. PaperPlay ... Week 6 Birthday for Someone Special : This card was made especially for one of our daughter's very good friends.  She doesn't go to school with her, but she has been friends since they were very young, so it is definitely a birthday card for someone special!
2. Allsorts ... Week 39 A Recipe with a Difference : Allsorts want to see you use a recipe of 3-2-1, but you can decided which elements!  I've used: 3 flowers, 2 patterned papers, and 1 image, so I hope this counts!
3. Crafty Angels ... Week 22 Fantastic Flowers : Caz has set the challenge to use flowers, and I definitely have plenty on the DP, image and actual flowers!

Thanks for popping by, and be sure to pop back later today (5pm GMT) when I'll have my Whimsy New Release Blog Hop card to show you!

Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, love how the papers match her dress. Suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, fab colour scheme and colouring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a wonderful card, beautiful image and colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fab card Simonne and lovely colour combo.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOO OWEEEE girl you rocked this sketch and I LOVE LOVE this color combo!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, Simonne - I love the colours and that cute image.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful combination of colours. lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card - using my fav colour combo... stunning.

    Thanks so much for joining us on Paperplay this week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card Simonne! You're right that paper really does match her dress!!!
    Hugs
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautifully done, Simonne! I always love your coloring, and that dp is some of my fav! You are awesome, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Simone
    This is such a beautiful card - the image and DP's certainly do match well.
    Thanks for taking on my recipe challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Take care
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colours, they are stunning!! Dancing princess is beautifully coloured, one of my favourite images,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for playing with Paperplay with this lovely card

    Lizxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sem, Gorgeous card! Such a pretty image and it works so well with the gorgeous papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Allsorts.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Simmone. Not sure about you, but I love white flowers on top of the orange background. The coloring of this princess is fabulous. Everything go so well together :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x