Wednesday, 17 February 2010

Whimsy Stamps New Release Day: Magical Mythical Tour


Hello everyone, and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps 'Magical Mythical Tour' BLOG HOP! The DT have some wonderful new Whimsy stamps to show to you today from the new Whimsy Mythical Collection.  These new stamps are available to buy from today in the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites!

If you'd like to participate in the hop, then you're in the right place, as my blog is the very first stop on the hop!

The hop starts today (Wednesday 17th February at 12noon EST) and ends on Friday 19th February at midnight EST (that's 5.00am on 20/01/10 for us Brits!).

As always here at Whimsy, we have a fab grand prize for you to win at the END OF THE HOP! One winner will be randomly chosen from the Whimsy site Mr Linky entries to receive the complete new release set of stamps (total of 4 image stamps and 3 sentiment sets) and an assortment of flowers and charms. The winner will be announced on Saturday some time.


We also have an additional prize chance over at our new Whimsy Inspirations Blog. This candy chance will be open from today until Sunday 28th February at noon EST.  All the details of how to enter are posted on the Whimsy Inspirations Blog so be sure to pop over there after you've finished the hop!

For my blog hop/new release card I have used this wonderful stamp called 'Splashy Sabrina':


Whenever I make cards using mermaid images, the blue/green/purple colour combo always cries out to me, and so the Basic Grey 'Euphoria' paper pad was perfect for this card!  I spent ages fiddling around with different layouts, extra DP, flowers, gems, swirls, glitter etc. etc. but in the end I felt the card looked best fairly clean and simple!  I just added a punched border, a few lilac and green pearls, and used my fab Bow Easy to tie the bow!


Sorry for the 'grey' photos.  When I photographed this card, it was dull and overcast.  I've done my best to lighten it with my free photo-editing software, but the colours are not as gorgeous as in real life!  You just can't beat the sunshine!! Roll on Summer!

So now it's time for you to continue along the Magical Mythical Tour to the wonderful Ann's blog ... but of course I'd love it if you left a comment first!! ;o)

Thanks so much for hopping along with us today!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Splashy Sabrina
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Euphoria' 6x6 paper pad
CARD: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore - GG010 Grassroots & LL040 Harlequinn
EMBELLISHMENTS: 6 Green 4mm halfback pearls, 4 Lilac 4mm halfback pearls, Green grosgrain ribbon, Versamagic Dew Drops - GD54 Perfect Plumeria & GD37 Sea Breeze
TOOLS: Paper Trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Bow Easy, MS Scallop Dot border punch

60 comments:

  1. Oh she looks gorgeous!!!! Love the multi colored tail!!!! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Simonne! I love the color combo and the way you colored her tail. Fab papers and accents too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just stunning! Your coloring is beautiful! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is exquisite the colours are stunning. She is so cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is stunning Simonne, love the pretty colours in her tail! hugs debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this colour combo. Such a lovely card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is so pretty Sem! I really love how you have graduated the colours in her tail. Love it! ~♥~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful coloring. Love the graduated tail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wunderschöne Karte, und toll coloriert.

    ReplyDelete
  10. eine schöne karte und ein niedliches motiv.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Simonne!! That coloring is just divine! Love your design because it really shows off the great image. Wonderfully done :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card, love the cute image! Hugs;moni

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a gorgeous card and fabulous colour combinations

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and wonderful colour combination.

    Hugs Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful card! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card...very nice!

    Greetings from germany

    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh WOW Sem this is beautiful!!!!! I love these colors and the way you did her tail!!!! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card...I love mermaids!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colors, Simmone! So pretty! She just comes to life!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow she's beautiful Simonne! I love the color combo you use. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic card Simonne. Your colouring is stunning and that combo suits Sabrina so well.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow. You have used some of my favorite colors.
    I love the sassy look of the stamp.
    Thanks for sharing such great work,
    Blessings,
    Rene'
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW Sem ~ SHe is FAB! Super Gorgeous! I really love this new Mermaid! As much as I am into embellies I love the clean look around this Mermaid. She is so great she really doesn't need all of the other stuff! Love your DP! We call this color "purplegreen" here at home, just one word! LOVE HER!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous! Those colours are perfect and I think the simplicity of your card is stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  25. really adorable stamp there :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your cards are very beautiful,the colors used are awesome. I think Mermaids are cute anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card and coloring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful Card
    I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is gorgeous, love your layout and dsp and the colour is my favourate, wonderful bow, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. wonderful!!! love the colours, luv georginaxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow sem. This is absolutely beautiful. It just took my breath away when I saw your fantastic coloring and the perfect layout for her. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I know exactly what you mean about spending ages to find the "right" thing & then leaving it without - love your result. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  33. superb colouring ! love this card very much simone the colours are just gorgeous !
    maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful card! I really love those colors!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Dee (Sprytebyrd)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Sem, This is so cute!!!! Your colors and colours are fantastic!!!
    GORGEOUS!
    huhs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wow! A stunning card. I love mermaids and I have a few stamps myself but not as beautiful as this one. Love your card and your colour combination.

    Thank you for sharing!

    Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  37. An very cute Card and lovely colours :o)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous colours & cute image :-)

    ReplyDelete
  39. WOW....your colouring is beautiful....LOVE that mix of colours in her tail.....so so pretty! The whole card is beautiful...the papers you chose are perfect! bx

    ReplyDelete
  40. a wonderfull card and so cute stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Gorgeous card Simonne Love the colours you haved used on splashy sabrina she's just stunning,Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card Simonne, love the image....think I need her.
    Hugs
    Caz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ohhhhh, such a beautiful card & colours! Just hangin for my order to arrive so that I can have a play- should be today- Yay!!!!

    Deb
    Deb's creations- Aussie

    ReplyDelete
  44. LO-VE-LY card, and that paper choice
    so soft and need:)

    Digihugs
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow what wonderful stamps. I like it

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh, what a great stamp and gorgeous card! Would not mind having this stamp - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your card is beautiful, i love the colors!
    xAndrea

    ReplyDelete
  48. She's so lovely :)
    Love your colouring, especially the tail.
    Hugs, Mira =)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous - wonderful colours and papers. Your card certainly has the wow factor!! Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  50. I love your coloring on this!

    ReplyDelete
  51. wow, this card is amazing I could never colour as beautifully as you have here! *Candace*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x