Sunday, 28 February 2010

Sketch Saturday #92 (DT card): Wonder Woman & Batman!


Hello everyone!

This week over at Sketch Saturday we have another great sketch by the very talented Jo (thanks hun!).  We are being sponsored by The Craft Barn, who have just been voted "BEST INDEPENDENT RETAILER - SOUTH OF ENGLAND" at the recent Craft Awards! Congrats to Sandy, Ian and the rest of the team!!!  (Sorry I'm a day late with my card - as hard as I tried I could not get my piccies to upload on Friday or yesterday as our internet connection kept dropping every time I starting uploading... grrrrr! - it seems to have settled today though - yay!).


As soon as I saw this sketch I just knew it would be perfect for my TGF 'Amazing Duo' stamps (which I coloured and cut out as soon as they arrived after buying them from the lovely Elaine at Quixotic Paperie!).  I turned Jo's fab sketch 90 degress to the right to accommodate 'Wonder Woman' and 'Batman'!!
 
 
I did the tiniest bit of altering to turn the female superhero into 'Wonder Woman' - all I did was add a line under her bustline so that I could colour her top red and gold, and then added a line on her wrists so that she had her gold cuffs:


I always pick my papers and then colour my images to match.  But as I had already coloured these superheroes BEFORE choosing any paper, I then took ages pondering what would match best!  In the end I went with October Afternoon papers from 3 different lines.  I only have one star punch, and when I'd adhered the 2 black stars to the card it just didn't look 'finished'...and then I had a "a-ha!" moment and remembered buying a small packet of puffy fabric gold and silver stars about a year ago! After much hunting, I eventually found them, and decided upon adding the silver ones on top of the black punched out stars.


This stamp set comes with 6 sentiment stamps.  I stamped the "Pow!" and "Bam!" in yellow ink onto white card, drew around the letters with a black fineliner and then cut them out leaving a small white border.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Polllycraft Monday Challenge ... #34 Double-Up: They want you to use 2 separate images, and the prize for this challenge is a full set of Lilybean Fairies *drool*!
2. Daring Cardmakers ... Here comes the sun : They want to see cards full of reds and oranges and yellows - or with lots of circles on them - or rays - anything that says sunshine!  So I hope that my red, yellow and lots and lots of circles and dots count! :o)


Well, I suppose that's it from me for another day, LOL!

Be sure to pop back on Wednesday, as Your Next Stamp are having another Blog Hop - just in time for Mother's Day and Easter *wink wink*.

Thanks for dropping by and have a great weekend!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: The Greeting Farm - Amazing Duo
COLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: October Afternoon - 'Farm Fresh: Farm House (B)', 'Cherry Hill: Sunday Dishes (B)', 'Night Light: Jack (A)'
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'Nightfall'
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Woodware inverted corner rounder punch, Woodware 1" star punch, 4mm flat back gems

16 comments:

  1. AWWWW Sem I LOVE this!!! This is soooooo fun absolutely ADORABLE sweetie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow FABULOUS. I saw the heading
    Batman before I scrolled down and thought Yuk. Silly me he is a real cutie . Another of your SUPER cards

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh WOW, what a fabulous and fun card,love the papers,colours and images...absolutely briliant and a great take on our theme this week:)

    thank you for joining us at pollycraft

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I really like how you made this card. So cool! They are so cute. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a card with plenty of POW! Thanks for sharing the sunshine with DCM this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good evening Sem, wow you've been busy hunny with gorgeous makes, i am loving them all. This latest card is sooooo coooool, i love how youve used the sketch. Hope your well, enjoy the rest of your evening, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Sem, your card is just amazing and your colouring is absolutely amazing too ! Just love the OA papers, they go so well with these two Heros and the words just make it.

    What a super hero YOU are !

    Hugs,

    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Sem this is such a fun and fab card!!! Super, super, super - quite fitting for your super heroes!! Juliexx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is wonderful Hun and the colouring is super! love the comic book feel tpo the card your fab!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card, Sem!
    Love your coloring. I think I'll have to come over so you can give me some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Plenty of hot zingy colours on your card - it's incredible! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this card, it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!!! What a work of art there are so many fab details to drool over!! Those new stamps are really cute,
    Angela x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x