Wednesday, 24 February 2010

Sketch Saturday #91 (DT card): Whimsy Owl


Happy Whimsical Wednesday!

Today I'd like to share with you my DT card for last weekend's Sketch Saturday Challenge #91.  So sorry I'm so late with posting my card, but I'm still suffering big time with my teeth (I even ended up at the dentist on Monday morning and received emergency treatment - ouch!).

Anyway, enough about my blooming teeth!!  We have another fab sketch from the wonderful Jo, and this week we are being sponsored by Stamp & Create :


It's my dad's 65th birthday on Friday, and whenever I make male cards, I always reach for my wonderful Whimsy animal stamps.  For this card I chose my Whimsy Owl stamp, as I felt it fitted the sketch perfectly!  I also took a break from my Copics and used my Whispers pens to colour this fab image.

I'm really sorry if the colours look weird!  We had a power outage last week (the PC was on at the time), and every since then there is a pink hue to the screen.  I've fiddled around with all the colour settings, but I can't get it to disappear properly. So.... I don't know if what I see on my screen is what you see on your screen!!  The colour of the cards are burnt orange, chocolate brown and cream.


I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:

1. Cute Card Thursday ... Challenge 100 - Metal Mania : CCT want to see cards/projects that feature something metal on them - I've used metal cream-painted brads and metal jewellry spacers to embellish my flowers!

I'm also posting this card over at the Whimsy Inspirations Blog.  Be sure to hop on over there to check out my fab Whimsy DT sistahs' gorgeous work, plus enter our 'Spread the Word' candy draw (open until 28th Feb).

Thanks for popping by and have a fabulous, Whimsical Wednesday!!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Whimsy Owl
COLOURING MEDIA: Whispers Dual Tip Brush Pens
PAPER: Basic Grey 'Mellow' 6x6 paper pad
CARDSTOCK: Core'dinations 12x12 ColorCore 'French Roast' CC040
EMBELLISHMENTS: Prima flowers, Flat-back pearls, Brown satin ribbon, Versamagic Dew Drops 'Pumpkin Spcie (GD-61) and Juimbo Java (GD-52), Papermania brads. Silver bead spacers (from Ebay).
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, Scissors, PVA glue, 3D foam pads, Woodware corner rounder punch, Woodware Daisy punch

11 comments:

  1. hoi Sem
    what a cute owl. love him
    great card
    hugsa ndrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a super sweet job on this card!! I love it!! Great post sweetie!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always your colouring is perfect. Lovely layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope your feeling better now, toothache is so painfull.
    Your Dads B/day card is fab that owl image is just perfect.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card! I do love that owl. :)

    So sorry you're having such a terrible time with your teeth. I just booked my dental check-up appointment...fingers crossed all will be fine, I could do without a repeat of last Summer...LOL!

    Big hugs to you, really hope your dental issues are solved soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sem, this card makes me grin! I often look like this first thing in the morning! Great sketch and you make it all look so easy! I hope you are feeling better soon, my friend.

    Hugs,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought you were missing from Sat, I have already entered hun, lovely sketch. And yr card is yum too.

    I am so sorry to hear about yr teeth really you do suffer! One of mine have broken in half no pain as yet so no dentist (my phobia never go unless in agony!)

    Thanx for the heads up with the DT may give it ago, but they are super talented and to be honest I have gone for a few DT positions and the closest I got was for the SS so kind lost confidaence as being good enough!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card Sem,i love your image and papers.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a brilliant card, the owl is perfect for a man.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there

    Love the whimsical owl, great colours and flowers.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card Sem! Your detailing is fabulous!
    hugs
    Risa:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x