Wednesday, 20 January 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #8: Anything that Sparkles!



Hello everyone!

Today we have a brand new challenge for you at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's Karen's turn to set the challenge this fortnight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Anything that Sparkles'.

For my challenge card, I decided to use my Rainy Day Fhiona stamp:



As the challenge called for sparkle, I added as much as I could, LOL!  The papers that I used are called 'Sparkly Sweet' by K&Co, but as they came from the 6x6 pad, they didn't have any glitter accents.  So ... I got out my slightly neglected glitter glues and glittered-up random circles of the backing paper.  I also glittered Fhiona's star and buttons, plus added a glittery border to the image plate (instead of my usual Versamagic Dew Drop inks).

I found my only piece of glittery ribbon ... but it was white!!  No matter, I took a purple Copic and coloured it in, which turned it into a purple piece of glittery ribbon!



I added some self-adhesive lilac gemstones to a purple Prima flower, and then glittered-up a Craftworks Card Candy and popped it in the middle:



Finally some gemstones along the bottom border (I used clear gems and coloured them with a Copic Ciao to match).



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Friday Sketchers ... Challenge #85 : I've followed Jacque's wonderful sketch (in it's mirror-image).
2. SophistiCat Challenge ... Challenge #18 - Spring : What better signifies Spring in the UK that the pretty spring colours plus the good ole British rain!! LOL!
3. A Spoon Full of Sugar ... Challenge #87 - Lots of Layering
4. Creative Card Crew ... Challenge 43 - Punch It : I have used my SU scallop border punch, my Woodware inverted corner rounder punch, and my EK Success Retro Flower punch on this card!
5. Simon Says Stamp ... Punch It : (see the punches listed above!!)
6. Charisma Cardz Challenges ... Challenge #2 - Anything New : I have used my new and never-before-inked Rainy Day Fhiona stamp!
7. One Stop Craft Challenge ... Challenge #63 - Fancy Edges or corners : I have used my SU border punch to create my 'fancy edge'.

Remember, you can enter our challenges using ANY stamp, but if you do choose to use a YNS stamp, then you will be entered into the prize draw TWICE!  And you have 2 weeks to enter this YNS Challenge so why not hop on over and join us!

Oooo, and don't forget, our amazing new release YNS Blog Hop starts tomorrow - I promise that you won't want to miss it!

Thanks for dropping by!

Hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Lovely hair coloring on Fhiona and all those little sparkly details Simonne are just awesome!!!
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simonne I just love how you have dressed Fhiona in the pastel colours and her umbrella is so jazzy.
    Fab card
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those colours they are stunning!!! You can never have too much sparkle, perfect to brighten Fhiona's rainy day!!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, fab colours and sweet image.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sem this is GORGEOUS, I LOVE your colors!!! You really did an amazing job with this cutie!!! I really hope you are feeling better really soon!!!! Hugs to you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another little cutie. Just love the colours you have chosen. You have done just the right amount of sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adorable, Simonne! I just love these pretty pastel colors~so springy! Gorgeous coloring as always, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem, I always smile when I come across and see your header, just so darn cute...I love this card too, very cute image and your colouring is superb, thank you for joining us at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Simonne! Wow! This is just awesome hunni. Your attention to detail is amazing. Love the beautiful colours and that adorable image.
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now.
    Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fab pictures of a really cute card! Such attention to detail!
    Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at OSCC.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE! I just love the colours you chose for Rainy Day Fhiona and all your sparkle is awesome!!! Fab card Sem!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sem, what a fab card, lovely bright colours just what we need at the moment!! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is delicious, love the colour choice and that sparkle with the edging is fab. Thank you for joining us at OSCC this week.
    Luv Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Sem i love the gems you've added along the border, the flowers image and papers are beautiful. Thanks for joining the OSCC this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful, fun and bright card!♥

    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week!

    Hugs,
    Aud

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Sem, love that adorable image and such gorgeous colours and details, great glittering.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a beautiful card the colours and image are so pretty and such fabylous detail. Thanks for taking part in the CCC Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love how bright and colourful this is, gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Sem, thanks for adding my competition to your blog, good luck to you and your daughter in the draw. I love the colour scheme you have chosen for this card, gorgeous! Love Helz x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute Sem! Love your coloring and the purple and pinks, so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohh this is a fab card!
    the image and the layering is great! and it all looks adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at OSCC. Hugs Itzuvit xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card. I love the bright cheery colours.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x