Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Your Next Stamp Challenge #7: Embossing


Hello everyone!

Today we have a brand new challenge for you at Your Next Stamp Challenges!  It's YNS Starlet Maylee's turn to set the challenge this fornight, and she has chosen the theme of 'Embossing'.

I was going to use one of my CB embossing folders, but when I was riffling through my papers to decide what to use, I found some fab already-embossed paper in my MME Bloom & Grow 6x6 pad (the green spotty paper).  It's a bit difficult to see it in the pic, but if you click on the photo to enlarge it, you'll get a better idea!

I decided to use my YNS Birthday Princess stamp, as I really wanted to do some paper piecing (my fave technique!). The stamp set comes with loads of accessory stamps, but as you can see, I didn't have room to use them this time around, LOL!



I coloured in my flat-back pearls to make them more of a cream that white colour, plus I used my slightly neglected Sakura clear glitter pen to draw a little trail for the butterflies!





Finally, I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Create 4 Fun Challenge 23 ... Sketch by Bev : I folowed Bev's fab sketch - thanks sweetie!
2. Crazy 4 Challenges ... C4C18 Polka Dots : My green embossed paper is spotty!
3. Pollycraft Challenge 31 ... Winter Birthdays : I suppose this doesn't really look very wintery, but I made it for one of my daughter's friends, who turns 9 on Sunday ... so her birthday is a winter's birthday!!
4. Sophisticat Challenges 16 ... Fancy Borders : I've used my MS border punch to create these!
5. ABC Challenge ... L is for Layering : I definitely think I qualify for this, LOL!


Thanks for popping by! Remember you have 2 weeks to enter this YNS Challenge, and you can use any stamp you like, so why not hop on over and join us!

Hugs,

28 comments:

  1. Stunning card Sem, the colours are just beautiful and i love the paper pierced dress. Fab use of your neglected sakura pen by drawing the butterfly trail it looks fantastic! :O)

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card Sem :) This is all just stunning ! :-) I hadn't heard of the 'Your Next Stamp Challenge; ! :-) heading over there now :-)

    Thanks for joining the ABC Challenge ,,, yes you have layers :-)

    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simonne! I ADORE this card!!! I just love how you paper pieced her dress and the dp you used is so beautiful and perfect! Your coloring is gorgeous, and the layout is fab! You are amazing girlfriend : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is gorgeous, I LOVE how you did this image, GORGEOUS colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there..super card! thanks for joining us over at sophisticats this week.
    HUgs
    Lisa.x
    DT/Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous Simonne! Love her paper pieced dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! I love the colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow Simonne, your card is stunning! i love that border punch detail, looks gorgeous all of it!
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This is beautiful, Love the paper and your paper piecing is PERFECT! I love the flowers too. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous card. I love that backing paper and the way you have used it for her dress. I really should have a goe .

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Your card is stunning! I love how you used the dp for her dress! I love it, love it, love it!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love the colors and what an adorable image!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the coloring and paper piecing combo. So very cute and impressive.
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Sem! WOW! this is GORGEOUS!!
    what a stunning card *claps*
    Love the paper pieced dress especially.
    Happy New Year hunni!

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card Simonne! The paper piercing is just super
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A beautiful card, so sweet, love the colours and those flowers look gorgeous too!!
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning card Simmone, such a sweet image and beautiful papers! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Simmone!
    Beautiful papers and design, colours and details are fantastic.

    Hugs,
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  19. So stunning Sem, love the paper pieced dress!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Pollycraft Monday Challenge :0)
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. un tampon magnifique pour une tres belle carte
    bizzz Mu

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning card Sem, love the colours and papers and the image is so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft challenges.

    Hugs

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Sem this is utterly beautiful, I so love the colours you have used...many thanks for playing along at Sophisticats this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Sem,
    What a fab card.
    Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous

    Thanks for joining us on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely card..thank you for joining us at ABC..

    Jan...x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, such gorgeous colours and details.
    Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x