Thursday, 21 January 2010

Your Next Stamp BLOG HOP



Hello everyone, and welcome to the Your Next Stamp 'New Release' Blog Hop! The YNS Starlets have some brand new Fhiona and Fhinn stamp sets show to you today - Aloha Fhiona, Surfer Fhinn, Rock Star Fhiona, Rock Star Fhinn!

If you'd like to participate in the hop, and you didn't arrive here from Amy's blog, then click here to return to the start of the blog hop, as you don't want to miss all the fab new releases!

The hop starts today (Thursday 21st January) and ends on Monday 25th January at midnight EST (Tuesday 26th January at 05:00am GMT).

We have a fab grand prize (randomly drawn) for one lucky winner, who will receive the entire new release stamps as their prize - yes, that's right, all 4 stamp sets! To qualify, you must comment on EVERY blog along the hop.

Also for the duration of the hop, Your Next Stamp is having a HUGE sale!!  For 5 days only, there will be a whopping 25-55% off selected stamps!!! WOW!!!!!  I know I will certainly be checking it out!

For this hop, the Starlets were challenged to create 2 cards/projects with one stamp set, and to use different stamps on each card (thus showing you how versatile the sets are!).  I used Surfer Fhinn for my creations, which is a set containing 4 stamps - Surfer Fhinn, Surf Dude sentiment, Palm Tree, Gecko.

Surfer Fhinn (1)
[using 'Surfer Fhinn' and 'Surf Dude' stamps]


I used SU Pumpkin Pie and Core'dinations ColorCore 'Nightfall' cardstock, and the fabulous Teresa Collins 'Boardwalk' 12x12 double-sided papers.  Surfer Fhinn was coloured with Copics and then stuck onto some orange card (which I'd reverse embossed with my Cuttlebug 'Divine Swirls' embossing folder).



I stuck Fhinn straight onto the orange embossed card and then used 3D foam pads to pop up the surf curl, which you can see a little better in the pic below. [I also used some of my Anita's 3D Clear Gloss on the surf curl (deliberately not popping the tiny bubbles), which looks really cool in real-life, but you can't see it in the photo!]:



Finally, some SU Linen Thread (love this stuff!) and 4mm flat-back pearls to finish:




Surfer Fhinn (2)
[Using 'Palm Tree' and 'Gecko' stamps]



I used paper from my Basic Grey 'Mellow' 6x6 pad and Core'dinations ColorCore 'French Roast' cardstock for this card.  I wanted to go for a different colour theme and feel to this card, to show you how versatile this stamp set really is.  [You could make a really cute surf 'scene' with all the stamps in this set, but also use them individually.]



As our hop is beach/music themed, we came up with a fun idea - for each Starlet to share their favourite vacation destination or favourite rock band and a little info about why.  So ... my fave holiday destination has to be New Zealand.  No, not because of the fab Peter Jackson LOTR movies, but because I went 'on holiday' to New Zealand one summer...met my husband...and then stayed, got a job, got a house and got married and had our beautiful daughter!!!!  (We are now back in the UK, but plan to emigrate back to NZ some time in the distant future!).  Here are a couple of snaps from our time (sorry about the rubbish piccies, they were taken with an old-fashioned camera rather than digi and then scanned with our dinosaur of a scanner!!):



The above pic was taken looking out onto Lake Taupo from our hotel room.  Taupo is a town on the shore of Lake Taupo (the biggest lake in New Zealand) in the centre of the North Island.  Although we only visited Taupo once, we have many happy memories, not least spending a really fun evening in Finn MacCuhal's (Taupo's Irish pub!).


This is a picture of Hanmer Springs, taken from the top of Conical Hill (yes, I was knackered after getting to the the top!!).  Hanmer Springs is a very small town in the South Island of New Zealand built around a hot spring.  My fondest memories of Hanmer are not the hot springs, but playing mini golf and the piano in the restaurant at The Heritage hotel (though not at the same time!).  We used to live in Christchurch (South Island), and so Hanmer was a regular weekend haunt for us .... aw, I have so many happy memories!!

Okay, so I am the last stop on the hop, so this is where you enter the prize draw!  One lucky winner (randomly drawn) will receive all 4 of the new release stamp sets!!

To enter the grand prize draw, add your name and blog URL into Mr Linky below (but don't forget to leave a comment too!)

If you joined in with the 2nd part of our Blop Hop Blinkie Contest by publishing a post on your blog with a picture and explanation of your favourite vacation spot or rock/pop band/person, then you have earnt yourselves a 2nd entry into the grand prize draw!  Please add your name with the words "2nd entry" into Mr Linky below with a direct link to your Blog Hop Blinkie Contest post on your blog.  All links will be checked, and any that do not follow the rules will be deleted to make it fair to everyone participating.

If you do not have a blog, then you can still enter.  Please leave a comment on the post and include your email address (so that you can be contacted if you win).  Then add your name to Mr Linky below.  As you don't have a blog, please add http://ynschallenges.blogspot.com/ as your URL.

Thanks for popping by - we hope you had fun hula-ing, surfing and rocking-on with YNS!!

Hugs,


** Entries to this contest are now closed. Click here to see entries for this contest **

39 comments:

  1. Not 1 but 2 totally cool cards...dude!!

    Love them both!!!

    Hugs - LORi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Surfer Fhinn card!

    Jenny
    crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I luvn how you cut out Surfer Fhinn! Cute card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your cards and the blog hop was fun, I saw really beatiful things, thanks
    hugs andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a romantic thing to happen Simonne! It was sure fate for you guys to meet. This is the sort of thing you read about it is so special.
    Gorgeous creations as always.
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fab cards again :)
    I already used Mr Linky and just after that I read I should have added that "2nd entry" with my name... :/
    I made my vacation/rock post a few days ago now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sem, these are wonderful! i love the blue and green gecko, and your papers are just fabulous. i would LOVE to play with these sets!

    spazzicassi@yahoo.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some really awesome creations girl!! What a really cool surfer dude!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not have a blog, but do so want to be included in this fantastic contest. Your cards are fabulous. Love the little gecco with the palm tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are just amazing. Love the color combo and all the details. You are one inspiring creative. I don't have a blog...I know I know...but I do have an email and would love to be entered into this sweeeet giveaway.
    stampincmeyers at yahoo dot com.
    This blog hop really rocked and so many inspiring projects. Thanks for letting me hop along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards. The color choices are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are sooooo COOL!!! I love the colors and dp you used on both! The first with that fab wave and the twine~ AWESOME, and the way you colored that gecko rocks! I would LOVE to go to New Zealand someday:) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like high tide Fhinn. Your paper choices work great with that stamp. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome creations! Beth aka BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the blog hop! Loads of geat cards and ideas along the way! Both your cards are fab!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your cards are great! Looks like Fhinn is surfing his way into the Sunset! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Surfer dude is awesome. That card is soooo beautiful. Love the curl.

    Thanks for a great hop.

    Big Mamma luvs ya.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like the "holiday" of a life time!! NZ looks beautiful, just my kind of place.....

    Surfer Fhinn is one cool dude!! Love all of your fabulous papers too!! The hop is awesome, thanks for putting it all together,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous cards Simonne! The surf board DP is perfect for Fhinn. Thanks for organizing such a fun HOP. Hope you get to go back to NZ soon.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are totally rad dude! lol I just want to ride the waves with Fhinn and that gecko is so darn CUTE!!! I'm a real sucker for a good love story and yours is like one from the movies - I just got all giddy reading it! SOOOOO COOOOOL!!! Thanks for sharing your story and for all you do for YNS!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both cards are super cute. Love what you did w/ the gecko.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the gecko and surfboard DP! Thanks for the awesome hop!

    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simonne, these are such a cool bunch!!! Those cool DP are so wonderful that made Fhinn looks ever more handsome. He looked marvelous on those coloring!!! Your 2nd card's images look like that they are glowing in the dark. Very cool :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are both fantastic Sem! You always have the perfect papers to use for your images and your layouts are wonderful.

    I love your favorite vacation story! I've always wanted to go to Australia and New Zealand, hopefully some day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love your cards! great colors and beautiful layouts! thanks for sharing :)! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely gorgeous cards, love all the dimension and fab colours used, thanks for a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Surfer Fhinn and that gecko is too cute! What a fun hop! Thanks for some great ideas....

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome gecko! I sooo need that lil guy!
    Great cards! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Saving the best for last, your cards are gorgeous! *Candace*

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow! these cards are great! i love this new line of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The end of the blog hop is here. I had fun and I learned alot about the DT. Your cards are tooo cute. I love the cuttlebug embossing folder you used on your Surfer Finn card. I'd like to name your gecko Fin (He looks like a Fin and it works well with Fhinn)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love your cards and sorry to say but I think the gecko could be my favourite its so cute but so is Finn and Fhiona too. Thanks for a fab bloghop it has been a wonderful distraction as I've spent the last4 days at the hospital with my son who has had surgery on his foot and after 12 or 13 hour there I haven't had the energy or inclination to check out blog land or craft, in fact it took me 3 days to write a begging post asking for any wonderful crafters to send him cards to help him through the next 6 weeks of non weight bearing so he has to miss school and drive me mad no doubt by getting frustrated with bordem. Hopefully we can bring him home today which will be fun bouncing him into our house in a wheel chair and not catching his leg, but at least he will be home and we can get back in a routine. Thankyou for a fab blog hop with all those wonderful cards and inspirational projects you are all so clever. Julye

    ReplyDelete
  33. lovin your creations! Fab fab fab! I lvoe YNS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your cards are terrific and really liked the swirl embossing with surfer.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your embossing and both the cards are great!

    Jas

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is a very interesting blog and so i like to visit your blog again and again. Keep it up.

    Alan

    http://holidaydestinationinindia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x