Sunday, 24 January 2010

Whimsy Stamps Blog Hop: Snowball Fight!



Hello everyone, and welcome to the Whimsy Stamps 'Snowball Fight' BLOG HOP! The DT have some wonderful new Whimsy stamps to show to you today from a brand new range called 'Snickerdoodle Kids'.  These new stamps are available to buy from today in the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites!

If you'd like to participate in the hop, and you didn't arrive here from the wonderful Ann's blog, then click here to return to the start of the blog hop, as you don't want to miss these fab new releases!

The hop starts today (Sunday 24th January at 12noon EST) and ends on Saturday 30th January at 12noon EST (that's 5.00pm for us Brits!).

As always here at Whimsy, we have a fab grand prize for you to win at the END OF THE HOP! One winner will be randomly chosen from the Whimsy site Mr Linky entries to receive a $50 gift certificate to shop at Whimsy!  And that's not all - three random DT members (even we don't know who they will be, so be sure to leave a comment on every blog along the hop!) will be giving away one of the new stamps from the Snickerdoodle Kids Collection.

Also be sure to pop over to our Whimsy group at SNR after you've finished the hop, as we'll have a game to play and a chance to win a prize.

For my blog hop/new release card I have used this wonderful stamp called 'Sledding with Marty and Max':



When I saw this stamp, I just knew I wanted to use my Imaginisce 12x12 papers (the one with the trees), and although I scoured blogland for a sketch to follow for my layout (.. and I found some great ones!), this card evolved on its own and I ended up using my own very simple layout, LOL!  I intially had the idea of creating a homemade 'punch around the page' effect with my MS Lattice Arch punch, but I decided that it looked better with just a border at the top and the bottom of the image plate.  I tried so hard to add embellies ... pearls, gems, buttons, flowers, snowflakes, punched-out shapes, swirls, charms, brads, twine ... but nothing looked 'right', so I conceded and left it as it is - clean and simple!!



So now it's time for you to throw a snowball and follow it to wonderful Maddy's blog ... but of course I'd love it if you left a comment first!! ;o)

Thanks so much for hopping along with us today!

Hugs,

71 comments:

  1. Your card turned out cute! That background DP was perfect.
    hugs,
    Gini

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun!!! love his little face and that paper is fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another brilliant stamp from Whimsy. Once again beautifully coloured. Love the expression on their faces. Fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
  4. this stamp is just makin' me smile! and I love that punched border - it is one of my faves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Sem I just love the look on this pairs faces,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWWW!! Now how stinkin' cute is this!!! WOW!! Your coloring is amazing and I really love that background paper you've used for this image!! So perfect!! :) Great job Sem!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Sem, another adorable card from you I see! I really like your punched borders. I'm still mulling about investing in border punches...

    Love

    Maggie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW Sem your card is way tooo cute, I LOVE your colors and the added border punch!!!! SUPER cute design!!! DARLING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the look on his face just terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sem, i ,love the colours and these images are great love the expression on the kids faces lol xx

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! I just love the background paper you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Overall presentation is great...good job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous card! I love the colors and your coloring too! Max and Marty look ready to fly!

    Janna :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome colouring Sem - love love love the card !

    ReplyDelete
  15. adorable Sem, love that border and your coloring is fab!!
    Blessings, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic card Simonne. oooh! The papers are so gorgeous and so is the lattice punch. You colouring is awesome on the image. Love it.
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you've coloured the sled runners - they look like real metal shining on your card!

    Esme x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like some intense sledding is going on!!! LOL
    great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very colorful card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The stamp is so lovely. You can see the "devil" in his eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it looks great as is!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good evening Sem, what a totally gorgeous card hunny i am adoring the image and papers. The card below is gorgeous too, such a gorgeous design and for such a worthy cause! have a wonderful evening, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another beautiful card on the hop! Your card is beautifully colored. This image makes me laugh! Love it! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh Sem this is so cute and the stamp of hope below on your blog is just beautiful sweetie!!!!!!
    hugs, Janiel

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi there

    Gorgeous card, great background for this.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great looking card. The colors looks wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous card! And great fun stamp - your colouring is wonderful BTW!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The image is so cute, love the doggy! Gorgeous colour , lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi great colouring love the simple layout & colour choice brill card.

    Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simone,
    How cute. The chocolate background makes me think of warming up with a hot chocolate after the ride!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute card Simone! I love the punched border too. Looks a bit like icicles:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love your card! Beautifully coloured!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hey Girlie this is so precious! Your coloring is out of this world! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. awh love this one and your card is fab xx
    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  35. This is so adorable! I love it! The colours are so cute and you have really done an impressive job on this card! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Super fun Simonne! Love the paper you used, it creates a great background behind Marty and Max! Beautiful edge detail too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a fun image sem and your coloring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Boy do you make clean and simple look beautiful. Your card definitly doesn't need a thing, it's perfectly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely, Sem :)
    It's worked great being clean and simple!

    ReplyDelete
  40. fabulous card Simonne, so love your gorgeous colouring of this cheeky chappy! hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Superb coloring and great paper choices. Love what you have done with this very fun new image

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great card and I like the simple layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. wow! it's stunning!
    i like the coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Your adorable image is colored so beautifully. Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  45. stunning card with a fab image!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  46. Gorgeous card. Background paper just right and the image is coloured beautifully.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  47. Gorgeous card Sem and love the design and detail, the colours are beautiful.
    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  48. Ooh, excellent layout! Love your coloring, too.

    Cheers,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  49. Just gorgeous - as usual :D
    Love your colouring :)
    Hugs, Mira =)

    ReplyDelete
  50. So cute - love the expression on his face. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love the new snickerdoodle kids stamps! They are adorable! I love how you did the highlights, I've got to learn that. It brings the whole image to life!

    ReplyDelete
  52. This image is sooo cute. Love the card you made with it. It's very different. Fab colouring too.

    ReplyDelete
  53. So nice card. I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wow, can you color or what?!? Just look at that perfect coloring! LOVE what you've done with the card - just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Those 2 are having too much fun! And it's a fun card too that you've made... I love how you've cut the image out. Great colors! The card makes me want more snow... {splat} Gotcha! tee-hee

    ReplyDelete
  56. This is my favourite stamp after looking at the blogs. Your card is georgous

    ReplyDelete
  57. adorable! I love this image. Great card!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your card looks like fun and makes me smile. It's very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Great card. These wee Guys are so cute. Love em.
    Hugz Andrea.xx

    ReplyDelete
  60. wow! I just love the shading and dimension you have given this image. The sleigh looks like it is popping off the page! Love the attention to detail, even shading in the individual squares of the scarf. TFS!!

    Zoe (Aus)

    ReplyDelete
  61. What an adorable card, just love the look on the little boys face. Is he having fun or what?? Great work, love your card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x