Saturday, 2 January 2010

Sketch Saturday #84: My sketch!

Helllooooo!!!

As today is the first Saturday of the month, it's DT week over at Sketch Saturday, and it's my turn to set the sketch - eek!  It's the first time I've drawn a sketch for Sketch Saturday, and although I know I could never be as good as Jo (I don't know how she produces such beauties week after week!), I still hope you like the sketch I have come up with for you:


Sketch #84 is being sponsored by Your Next Stamp and Karen has very generously offered the "Shopper Fhiona" stamp set to one lucky Sketch Saturday entrant - thanks Karen!


As Your Next Stamp is sponsoring this sketch and I am a YNS Starlet, I just had to use a YNS stamp on my card, and of course I chose to use my own "Shopper Fhiona" stamp:



She was such a breeze to colour with my Copic Ciaos!  I choose to use a piece of 12x12 Bo Bunny paper to tie in with the spots on Fhiona's hairband and hearts on her shopping bag.  This paper is double-sided and I used one side for the outer edge of the card, and the flip side for the main DP.


I used one of my fave Martha Stewart border punches (Scallop Dot) to create the brown border for the strip on the LH side of the card, and my Valentine Lace punch to create the corners.

Well, that's about it from me for today!  I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got everything you wished for?  It may come as a big surprise, but I didn't ask for any crafty stash this Christmas!  Although I don't have anywhere near the amount of stash as a lot of you do, I have way more than enough for me!  I've got so many uninked stamps (or stamps that have only been used once), a cupboard full of BG paper pads, tubs and tubs of flowers, pearls, gems... that I couldn't justify buying anything else at the moment!  So instead, I had some very special edition piano music books which were ordered from Germany, which was fantastic as I feel I've been neglecting my piano playing of late, and it was such an indulgence to get those beautiful books!!

Thanks for popping by peeps and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

TTFN!
Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Another stunner sem, love the colours combo and choice of embellies, will have to join in with the challenge this week, because your sketch is fab!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card as usual beautifully coloured. I love the sketch and am off to use it for a couple of wallets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great sketch, Sem and an amazing card. Again!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so stunning! Love it, great image and fab colour combo!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring SemSee and I just love the papers and your wonderful sketch!
    Happy New Year! Hugs Jeanette :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simone, what gorgeous colors! A great card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simone, this is just adorable!! Love your image and coloring!! This is a really great sketch!! Hope you had a great New Year!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!!!!

    Have a wonderful & creative 2010!

    Love,
    Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable, I love the colors. Great sketch too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is cute, I love the way you've coloured her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sem, it's just me agin lol, i wanted to say congrats on winning Debbys candy!!

    Fern xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!
    WOW, such a wonderful card!
    Love the motif and the colors!!
    And i loved you`re sketch :)
    Hugs from Maya :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 2010. What a stunning card. Love the DPs and your colouring. Hugs, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shopper Fhiona looks so pleased with her purchase! I love the colours and I can't wait to try out your sketch! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas and I'm sure you play the piano just beautifully!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simonne, you colored her beautifully and I love those sweet red & pink on this card :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x