Tuesday, 12 January 2010

ASFOS Challenge 86: Guest Designer!

I was over-the-moon when I received an email from my Squiggle Stamps DT sistah Karen asking me to be the guest designer at ASFOS for challenge 86 which starts today!  Thanks so much for asking me hun, I'm truly honoured! 

The challenge this week is a recipe challenge - 3 pieces of DP, 1 piece of ribbon, 3 flowers and 3 buttons. 

I used Mina's fab sketch over at Truly Scrumptious as it worked SO well with the recipe.  I took ages rifling through my papers before finally deciding upon my neglected MME 6x6 Wild Asparagus paper.  I then took another age looking through all my stamps (which are stored rather haphazardly in a couple of boxes!) to find one to match the DP.  I really wanted to use an uninked stamp, but Rose Tilda was calling to me and as she goes so well with the paper, I just couldn't refuse, LOL!


It was extremely difficult to edit the photos to show exactly how the colours are in real-life.  The 'red' cardstock and ribbon is actually a deep burgundy/pink colour with a more blue tone, but as I don't have any fancy photo editing software, this is the best I could do!!



I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Truly Scrumptious ... Challenge 23 : I've followed Mina's fab sketch (which I know I'm going to use again very soon...!)
2. Cupcake Craft Challenge ... Challenge 73 Going Girly : They want to see a girl card/project.
3. Crazy 4 Challenges ... C4C19 Birthdays : I have made this card for someone's birthday - I don't want to say who until she's received it, but as she reads my blog, she can probably work out it's her, LOL!!!
4. Simon Says Stamp ... Hot Chocolate : Use hot chocolatey images or brown and pink colour combo - I have used a pink/brown colour combo!
5. Quixotic Challenges ... Challenge 8 Hot Chcolate : I've interpreted this as a colour theme - brown for the chocolate, cream for the milk/cream and pink for the marshmallows!
6. Charisma Cardz Challenges ... Colour Combo : Pink, Brown, Cream, Toffee


Finally, I'd like to give a little shout-out to Debbie, Coco and Shary from the ASFOS DT - the super-talented Debbie and I are both Whimsettes (my home-made name for Whimsy Stamps DT sisters!), the wonderful Coco and I are both on the Sketch Saturday DT, and I used to be on the Inky Impressions DT with the lovely Shary.  Blogland is such a small place, LOL! Hi girls!!

Well, that's it from me for another day!

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs,


Ingredients
STAMP: Magnolia Tilda with Rose
COLLOURING MEDIA: Copic Ciaos
PAPER: MME 6x6 Wild Asparagus paper pack
CARDSTOCK: Coredinations 12x12 Colorcore 'Red Rose' (RR040)
EMBELLISHMENTS: SU Linen Thread, Buttons from stash, Prima flowers, 6mm organza ribbon, Versamagic Dew Drop 'Wheat' (GD-82), 4mm flat-back white pearls (coloured to match)
TOOLS: Paper trimmer, scissors, PVa glue, 3D foam pads, Cuttlebug, Nesties Circles & Scallop Circles, Woodware Grass punches

27 comments:

  1. Beautiful card hun, and so wonderfully coordinated. Fabulous colouring of Tilda too. Magical. Hugs, Squirrel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous i love the colours. sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fab card, love the image and well done on the GD post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the colours, and this Tilda is one of my favourites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh she is gorgeous, beautiful colours.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is just goregous!! Anything goes so good together!! And Tilda is just a perfect match!!
    Hugs,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the richness of the colours and that rose paper is gorgeous. This is also one of my favourite Tilda images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sem absolutely STUNNING card!!! WOW love these colors and your Tilda!!!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card! Tilda is beautifully coloured and you've used a great layout! Great girly card! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake!
    Hugs Shelly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Simonne, so rich and yummy, the papers and image are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us as guest designer this week.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful. Thanks for joining The Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! This is so pretty. I love the papers and this Tilda. Very Elegant! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oohh this is absolutely gorgeous Sem ! stunning card :-)

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Hot Choccy Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card. Such a pretty image and the papers are definitely girly! Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  15. just beautiful!! your colouring is gorgeous! and I love the papers you have teamed her with! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely Sem, just perfect. hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. stunning Sem I love the colouring its beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card and love the image and the colours you have used...take care...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card, I love this sweet Tilda and your beautiful colouring, perfect choice of papers, Thanks for joining us this week at Spoon Full, Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  20. HUGE congrats on the guest spot, that's fantastic and they are lucky to have you because this card is AMAZING! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card. Congrats on your guest spot. Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Simonne! wow gorgeous card, i love this sketch and played along too. Lovely backing papers and the tilda image goes perfectly.
    Hope your ok hun, Your Stampin Up stuff will be posted off in the morning : )
    take care
    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. so cute Simonne!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card Sem - love it. Stunning colours papers and your take on Mina's sketch is awesome. Fabulous Tilda and scrumptious details.
    Thanks for playing along with us at TS hunni.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a pretty card. I love the colour combo, gorgeous! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x