Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Your Next Stamp Challenge #5: Birthday Hearts



It's Wednesday again and time for a brand new challenge over at Your Next Stamp Challenges! It's YNS DT Starlet Cabio's turn to host this challenge, and she has chosen the theme of 'Birthday Card/Project with Hearts'.

The prizes for challenge #5 are:

1. One randomly-chosen winner will receive the wonderful YNS Fhiona Shopper stamp set, plus the 'Winner' blinkie to proudly display on their blog.

2. Cabio will choose her favourite card, and that winner will get the YNS Challenge 'Top Pick' blinkie to proudly display on their blog PLUS a $5 gift certificate to spend at the Your Next Stamp store!

3. One randomly-chosen commentator will win a $5 gift certificate to spend at the Your Next Stamp store - so make sure you LEAVE A COMMENT to be in with a chance to win!

Remember, you can enter our challenges using ANY stamp, but if you do choose to use a YNS stamp, then you will be entered into the prize draw TWICE!

For my challenge card, I chose to use my Teacher Fhiona stamp plus accessory and sentiment stamps from the Birthday Princess stamp set.  I stamped the chalkboard onto some DP (carefully wiping off the ink of the 'A B C' text with a baby wipe) and then stamped the sentiment onto the blank space.  I then cut it out and stuck it over the originally stamped chalkboard.



I also added some pink glitter glue to Fhiona's shoes, the present tag, cupcake cherry, and sentiment hearts.  As Fhiona had an apple on her hairband, I decided to change this to match the overall theme of the card by cutting out a heart from the DP, and then adding a heart pearl to the centre.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

1. Friday Sketchers ... Challenge #80 : I have followed their fab sketch, turning it 90 degress to the left.


Ooh, and don't forget that we have a brand new release BLOG HOP starting on the 10th of December.  If you hop on over to Karen's blog right now and grab the blog hop blinkie plus leave a comment, you can enter the Blog Hop Blinkie Contest to be in the draw to win 5 of the new release stamps!  Be quick though, as this contest ends on 9th December.

Thanks for popping by!

Hugs, Sem x


Ingredients
To follow

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and love the colour combo, have a little award on my blog for you.
    louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Simonne and how creative to use the teacher Fhiona set this way!
    Hugs
    Lana x

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite colour combos. Love the way you have used heart shaped pearls for the flower centres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative! I love how you made Teacher Fhiona into a bright and fun birthday card! Beautiful card!
    Hugs
    Karen
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card my dear! I love what you've done with my sketch :)

    Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

    Hugs Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card!!! Very creative use of these sets, and your coloring is just fabulous as always! We both went with brown and pink this week, but I wish I would have colored my Fhiona's hair brown like yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable!! I love the colors and the way you used the images. Great job! Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just the cutest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! Love the colours, my favourite!! As always your colouring is stunning,
    hugs Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very cute! Love the colours. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi! thanks for your sweet comments! i LOVE your card!!! it was my favorite :). hehe. love the colors and the layout...the flowers...everything! so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking the time to pop by and for leaving me a comment! I hope you have a wonderful day! Hugs, Sem x